Please when will it end

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by Padilla Bay Goldens, Mar 20, 2001.

1. Padilla Bay Goldens

Padilla Bay Goldens Senior Refuge Member

Please can somebody help me? I've married a compulsive hunter/fisherman, dog loving, trap shooting man. It all started 4 years ago. One of our first dates, he drags me out of bed at 4:30 am puts me in the truck, drives out to the middle of nowhere, throws 3 dozen decoys on my back, and says lets go have some fun. 5 hours later, I'm standing at the kitchen sink, a butcher knife in my hand, a clothes pin on my nose, and a half dozen mallards needing to be cleaned. At that moment I already had 2nd thoughts. 3 months later or should I say 75 mallards later I've grown fonder of the life I am now leading. I've learned to shoot, butcher, skin, and bait my own hook. In the last year we had our 2nd child, Maggie. Beautiful red hair, long slender legs (all 4 of them) that now take up whatever free time I had between butchering, reloading, cleaning house, and work. I now spend training Maggie for upcoming hunt test. Please I know some you have had more expierance with this type of marriage, does it get any better?

Mrs. PBG
    P.S. On our honeymoon went to Cabela's in Sydnie, NE and our 10 year he is going to take me to Bass Pro Shop in Springfield, MO.
    Yehaw I can't wait. :eek:

2. David @ The Refuge

David @ The Refuge Founder Moderator

Mrs. PBG:

All I can say is, what a "catch" you got in that man.. :)

Most of the good ones are taken, but you and my wife realy lucked up getting a couple of winners like your husband and me.. hehe

Just think, you or my wife could have married a Doctor, your every whim granted, 5000 square ft homes in Aspen, and Panama City, luxurios Cars, expensive shopping trips to Rodeo Drive... but God was good to you and kept you and my wife from that terrible lifestyle...who'd want it anyway when you could be married to a duck hunter?? :D

Thanks for joining us,

David

3. Mrs. Quacker Attacker

Mrs. Quacker Attacker Elite Refuge Member

Sure cant say that it is a boring life Hu??
    Have you ever gone afield without him??
    I will admit that duck hunting is not a hobby, its a lifestyle. From home decor, to the kind a vehicle you drive (gotta have room for the dog & the dekes)
    But it is GREAT isn't it!!
    Welcome aboard!!!

4. Mrs. PBG

Mrs. PBG New Member

I here my wife has been spreading lies again. It wasn't 4:30 am it was 4:00 am and she had 4 dozen and a thermos. Just for the record.
    pbg :rolleyes:

[ 03-20-2001: Message edited by: Mrs. PBG ]

5. ladyhawke

ladyhawke Refuge Member

When does it end?...it don't honey, it only gets better
    Unless of course you want it to...then all you got to do is be better at it than him, which isn't difficult for those of us of the feminine gender ;)
    Enjoy the life you've landed in, its a great one & men who want to share it with their wives are a treasure to be coveted.
    See ya 'round.

6. flashman

flashman Elite Refuge Member

Well, I did marry a doctor & believe me there are no shopping trips on Rodeo drive. Let's put it this way, I have a 20g. Ugartachia side-by-side, Wingshooting lessons, & my own waders. God I love my husband. Just think! I could be a Duck hunters widow. Mrs. R idroosevelts@cs.com

7. Mr. Honker

Mr. Honker Refuge Member

Hey Padilla Bay Goldens:

You got any unmarried sisters.

Your pappy trained you well.

Good Hunting

Mr. Honker