Pointers and such....

Discussion in 'Upland Game Forum' started by Greybeard, Apr 14, 2001.

1. Greybeard

Greybeard Elite Refuge Member

Any of you watch Ed Bruces' show "Doc on Point"? I've seen 3 segments of it and it looks like they are training a youg Setter.
    Pretty good show considering they do their training/shooting on Southern Plantations.
    Also watch a show called "The Guides" with David Sparks and Wayne Pearson. Mostly Quail and Pheasant hunting but Pearson does his hunting with a O/U .410. The Ol' Boy can shoot!

2. blackdog

blackdog Senior Refuge Member

Hey Greybeard I've seen the show a couple times. Ed's setter is an older dog that wasn't trained to hunt and Ed is training it now. think he said at intro to show yesterday that it was a six year old dog. I thought that it illustrates well the idea that a dog can still be trained at an older age. I see quite a few of those shows (Tv on in the office).

3. Greybeard

Greybeard Elite Refuge Member

Blackdog: I tried that with an older Setter once. No luck. The minute I got the Guncase out of the car that dog would cower down and slink away. Tried ever gentle way I could to bring that dog around but no luck. The worst part was that when I just took him out and let him run he would point and hold steady as a rock. Guess his prevoius owners had scared him real bad with gunshots. What a shame.