Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

pointers??

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by Mrs. Quacker Attacker, Sep 14, 2000.

1. Mrs. Quacker Attacker

Mrs. Quacker Attacker Elite Refuge Member

Congrats on getting a forum!! Ain't in grand??
    I hang out in the Utah Forum, but my in-laws live just outside of Preston and I was wondering if there is any good hunting in their area? They would like us to come up and see them more, but during the season it just doesn't happen (unless we could get a few birds while we are up there).
    I know that sometimes hunters are a little protective of their local spots, but any general info would be appreciated.
    I believe that Twin Lakes? is close to them as wesll as a resivoir just to the west of them..They live in 5 mile Canyon.
    Please e-mail me or I will check this post periodically.
    Richelle@refugemail.com
    THANX!!!
    [​IMG]

------------------
    Hunt with your kids, not for them.

The Mrs.

2. idux

idux Senior Refuge Member

I've hunted Twin Lakes with a float tube.Not much cover by the shore though. We did alright early in the morning, but the lighter it got the wiser the birds got. The Bear River is right out side of Preston and later on in the year that can be very productive. There are a lot of irrigation Reservoirs that can produce some hunting oppurtunities prior to freeze up, all with in a few miles of Preston. Scout some of that area out if you can get in a little early. Good Luck