Politics in Puerto Rico...San Juan mayor.

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Sep 30, 2017.

1. takemrarely

takemrarely Elite Refuge Member

Sounds like prohibited name calling...but that's none of my business.

Fair is fair......

Fair enough... post deleted.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2017
  2. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Exactly. The Governors of the States are in charge of the States preparedness. Not the Presidents. This isn't Puerto Rico's first Rodeo. It appears that Maria was their 54th Hurricane.

Puerto Rico has had 12 Governors since their Constitution of the Commonwealth in 1949. 1 Independent, 2 Repubs and 9 Democrats.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  3. pintail2222

The mayor of Guaynabo, Puerto Rico, Mayor Angel Perez Otero, begs to differ... But then again - it appears that he has been participating in meetings with officials from FEMA. Whereas San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz is absent...

“I've seen other mayors participating. She's not... My experience is different. I have been participating in different meetings at the headquarters of FEMA and our government and the help is coming in and right now my experience is different from hers. I’m receiving help from the government, we are receiving assistance from FEMA, I got people over here helping us with applications for the people that have damage in their houses. And we have here in Guaynabo, we have thousands of people that lost partially or totally their houses.... We are receiving a lot of help from FEMA and the Red Cross... there is lots of help coming to us they won't leave until Puerto Rico is good."

4. pintail2222

It sounds like it's the mayor of San Juan who has been having "issues" - the other neighboring Mayors - not so much. They are claiming that the Mayor of San Juan has not been attending FEMA meetings

“I don’t know why she is saying that. What I can tell you is my experience. She is not participating in any meetings and we had a couple already with the governors and with representation of FEMA and of HUD, of these whole federal agencies that have given us help and she’s not participating in those meetings and some mayors from her political party have been participating, so I don’t know why she is saying that. My experience is very different.”

5. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Yep...maybe she needs to consult with Hillary and write a book about why she's dysfunctional.

API likes this.
  6. pintail2222

@wispete could be her ghost writer. And it be in the fiction section.

7. wispete

wispete Senior Refuge Member

Pintail you have a fixation with Hillary that is not healthy. Are you sure you are not having voters remorse. I think I have to include Bear in that also.

You know some of you are spreading face news just like the Russians.

8. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Here we go again... :rolleyes:

9. pintail2222

Voters remorse? As if....

When the dead bodies were still warm in Las Vegas morgues there's Hillary on twitter at 7:04 this morning politicizing the tragedy while the west coast was waking up to the horrific news...

You read her tweets - she has no shame. People were still on operating tables who ended up dying while she was tweeting:

"Imagine the deaths if the shooter had a silencer, which the NRA wants to make easier to get."

"Our grief isn't enough. We can and must put politics aside, stand up to the NRA, and work together to try to stop this from happening again."

https://mobile.twitter.com/hillaryclinton/status/914853632083877888

10. wispete

wispete Senior Refuge Member

Hay API It is the Truth isn't it. Just another view point. There is to much march in step agreeing with just one point of view so that some believe falsehoods. When the Commander in Chief says things that obvious are not true there a some on here who swallow it whole with out thinking.

Now with what I said to Pintail he is a grownup and can take a little razzing with out coming unglued. I think.....