Possible criminal conduct in Hillary Clinton E-mail FBI probe.

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, May 17, 2018.

1. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Leaked info on IG report to be released tomorrow.

Move over Jullian Assange you may be getting a new roomate. :yes

Or...several. :tu

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    lugnut, API and double limit like this.
  2. double limit

double limit Elite Refuge Member

I've been waiting for this day since July6,2016.
    I'm hoping but its doubtful.

API likes this.
  3. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator Flyway Manager

On so many levels that would be epoch making.

double limit likes this.
  4. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

As I stated earlier - it’s Dems appointed by Dems investigating Dems. So don’t hold your breath.

And the DOJ gets to look over the report and redact anything they believe to be “classified”. So expect most of the report that makes them look bad to be blacked out.

10GAGENUT likes this.
  5. stump

stump Elite Refuge Member

Love the prelude to a big report... the thoughts and predictions to cover the just in cases....

I would like to have it disclosed in its entirety and let the chips fall. Reports in their entirety are tough to come by now a days.

6. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

@stump side question unrelated. I saw a commissioning note on the SSN Washington on one of my other blogs.

I tried to find the number of currently active US submarines but Wiki was not a lot of help.

But what I may have found is we have a BUNCH of currently active US subs.

How many do we have?

I'm also amazed at realitively speaking how little they cost compared to a current production CVN.

But that's just from a civilian's perspective.

7. stump

stump Elite Refuge Member

https://www.raytheon.com/capabilities/rtnwcm/groups/public/documents/image/2017-ships-pdf.pdf

Subs are quite a bit cheaper...one due to size and two, the Navy has stream line the production so well between EB and Newport News. They are almost snap together now.... relative speaking. The plant has stayed basically the same for some time. 'IF IT AINT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT" A little bigger for the OHIO Class merely by size and not by power output. Do not operate our plants at a high volume.....way different than civilian plants...they want money so they are at 100% all the time.
    If you want more info...search by "class" v "sub" Seawolf, Ohio, Virginia, OR Las Angeles. Seawolf class only has the three boats... we call them the rubber boats or spook boats, due to their hulls. They are a bit more unique than the rest.

I hope i answered what you were looking for

Bear likes this.
  8. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

@stump thanks...you did and put me on a trail I can follow too to find out more information about them for pickle barrel conversation.

Saw a video of one taking on provisions at some base and it was almost comical how they had food and such items piled haphazard fashion in nooks and crannies.

The fascinating thing is they could tell from 3000 miles away any major vessel leaving its port just by the unique sound of its mechanics.

9. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

A lot of the problem is the path the Navy took with it's carrier fleet which has lead to the enormous costs of today. The Sub fleet as Stump stated has remained relatively unchanged and cost can be kept under control, the Carrier fleet has had nothing but change in the last 20 years and IMO that change has done more harm than good. Starting with the new Ford class carriers so far it's been nothing but a waste of billions of dollars and the Navy has little to show for it, the Nimitz class has been in service for 40 years and really didn't need replacing, but that's another story.
    Looking at aircraft, 20 years ago I know there was a lot of screaming not to replace the F-14, as I stated a while back there already were plans for the Super Tomcat on the drawing board. So what does the Navy do to save money because Tomcats did cost a lot to maintain, they go to the medium strike fighter the F-18 Hornet, which originally started out as the Northrop YF-17 which was originally made to compete with the F-16 for an Air Force contract. The Hornets not a bad aircraft but if you look what the Navy has done they have dumped billions into the Hornet program, constantly upgraded it and come full circle to the Super Hornet basically mimicking what they already had with the Tomcat 30 years ago.
    I could go on all day with this as a lot of the contractors I used to do work for gave me earfuls over the years, basically with the Carrier fleet it's been dump another billion dollars into it and get little to nothing in return.

10. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

There's a video on Youtube about the Navy wanting to bring back the F-14. I'll have to watch it now. :tu The Navy version of the F-35 is basically a jump jet and beautiful in design but lots of moving parts. I guess it has to be a single engine to accomplish the jump jet but in its ground attack mode a single engine would be a nervous saddle it seems.

I read an interesting article on one of my other navy ship blogs and it talked about the new chinese carrier and it's slopped ski jump ramp. The ski jump eliminates the need for a catapult and therefore more BIG moving parts.

What I still don't understand is how anybody can climb their happy azzes onto a destroyer and go sailing across open ocean. Had a boss who had served on one and he was about half a step from being a poster child for Loco man. He said the destroyer had gun mounts on them designed to slide off if the ship listed too much.

Oh...hell no! And I don't get seasick or air sick at all.