Possible job in Homer

Discussion in 'Alaska Flyway Forum' started by bkraut, May 10, 2012.

1. bkraut

bkraut Senior Refuge Member

I'll hear on Monday, but it sounds like i'm on a "short list" for a 3 year job in Homer. Anybody familiar with it? Pros/Cons? Decent duck hunting? Thanks in advance for any input you can provide.
    r/
    bk

2. waldo2382

waldo2382 Refuge Member

I've lived there for the past 6 years and don't intend on moving. Duck hunting is good, getting to the ducks is the hard part. ATV for puddlers/geese and a decent ocean boat for sea ducks and divers. NOT many duck hunters in this neck of the woods. Lots of pheasants around with no limit, no season (invasive species, pets that escaped and have done well) HOWEVER, they are mostly in city limits in people's backyard. Lots of info that I can almost write a book, depends on what you want to know. Places to eat, drink, what to expect, places to avoid, fishing, hunting, trapping, taking advantage of the seasons, where/how to get stuff, etc.

By the way, got an easy 4 inches of snow last night.

3. bkraut

Thanks, Waldo. I'll give you a shout if I get the job. Should hear on Monday.

4. quackerduck

quackerduck Senior Refuge Member

Ialready started packing for my trip in Aug . Maybe i should take a jacket. Looking forward to meeting you .

5. bkraut

Done deal. Got the job. I'll be there in 2 weeks, but my ship is heading out pretty soon after. Hope to really take up residence in mid Sep. Looking forward to meeting the AK fuge gang!
    r/
    bk

6. waldo2382

waldo2382 Refuge Member

Sweet, see you soon! I'll be back in Homer on July 3rd. Looking forward to killing some critters with you!