Post negative deal feedback here

Discussion in 'Refuge Gang Classifieds' started by BaRtMaN, Mar 13, 2013.

1. BaRtMaN

BaRtMaN Moderator Sponsor

Post only negative feedback here, please keep it to only feedback and no other chatter, this will make it easier for people to search for bad deals/sellers.

2. Dbishop311

Dbishop311 Senior Refuge Member

JFuller. Bought a call and specifically asked if there were any cracks in the call. He said no cracks but a few small spots or nicks on the insert where it slides into the barrel. I proceded to buy. Received the call today and the barrel was split about 3/4 of the way down it. The call was only 35$ and im not going to hassel with returning it for a measly 35$. But he shouldve been honest about it. When confronted about it he said his ad stated it was cracked. Which I have the original ad and nowhere does it say anything about a crack. I think he means well but he wasnt honest.

3. auto5

auto5 Elite Refuge Member

It sure sounded to good to be true:

2. Rnt Daisy cutter in hedge. This call has been hunted. The lacquer is worn on the band and the barrel has a couple small nicks and scratches. Insert on this call is in good shape and still sounds great. Looking to get 35$ or best offer.

4. sculpin67

sculpin67 Senior Refuge Member

black dog

I bought the "practically brand-new, Drake LST chest waders for sale. Used the last month of the season last year only".

The waders had a patched hole in the boot, excessive wear on the heal, and the fleece inside handwarmer is torn and has a hole in it.

I asked the seller for a refund, but he would rather go through the papal claim process, so he can make me pay for his junk waders. He does not stand behind what he sells.

5. black dog

black dog Senior Refuge Member

If you're gonna tell the story, make sure you tell the WHOLE story, get it straight, and be truthful. First of all, tell everyone how you tried to short change me by expecting me to pay the PayPal fees. Sure, I didn't specifically tell you that I only accept PayPal as a "gift," but I didn't think I had to spell that out for you. When you go to the store to buy something, do you also expect the store to absorb the cost of paying the tax on the item too, or do they have to specifically spell that out for you too? Then, when I explained to that you'd have to pay the fee or I could decline your payment so you could submit another payment, accepting the fees, you sent another payment, again, excluding paying the fees. Grant you, it was just pennies at that point. However, you chose to specifically avoid paying the full amount a SECOND time.*

Now to the waders. It is not a "hole" in the waders, the spot you are referring to was an abrasion to the rubber portion of the boot which created a "flap" of rubber that I put a dab of glue on so it wouldn't wear into a hole. There was absolutely no puncture thru boot, that would render them inoperable, compromising the functionality of the waders. What you are referring to as a hole, is again, an abrasion. It is similar to an instant when someone might slice their finger from the side, creating a flap of skin. A flap that didn't bleed, one that you left the flap be, maybe putting some Neosporin on it. Again, no puncture.*

Now let's get back to what I actually put in my posting. My ad stated the following: "I have a pair of, practically brand-new, Drake LST chest waders for sale. Used the last month of the season last year only. MO Bottomland. Size 12.*
    These waders are $330 brand new.*
    Asking $220 plus shipping, firm"

The word "practically" was used subjectively to reference the amount of time that they were used. You, unfortunately, missed the word "practically." And if you feel that I owned and used them a lot more then what I stated, I have a receipt to prove how long I had them. And my reason for selling them, was because they didn't fit me as comfortably as I would like. This is an answer to a question that you never asked me. As a matter of fact, you never asked me ANY questions about the waders, other then an offer. *Webster's dictionary defines"practically" as "almost, nearly." I think everyone would agree that if you owned a car for approximately a month, give a day or two, it would be safe to safe that the car is "practically brand-new."

Then, you're alleging additional damage to the fleece? That is damage that I did not create. I'm not sure if you're not telling the whole truth again, or what the story is with that, because I am not aware of any damage to the fleece whatsoever.*

Lastly, then you go on other forums and toss loose statements around that have nothing to do with what the thread is about. The fact that you commented about the ribbons my dog earned being "practically brand-new" is one that I would expect out of a 12yo child.*

6. sculpin67

sculpin67 Senior Refuge Member

I really agree with everything you have said..... and you have made my point for me.

You assumed I would gift you the money (cheating paypal out of their fees for a service they provide), even though it was never mentioned. Since I agreed to buy them, I paid extra later for the fees. I've bought a lot of things with paypal, and only "gifted" the money once. Whenever i buy or sell, the seller always absorbs the fees. Look up the word "gift" versus "purchased goods"

You never mentioned the "flap" that was fix'ed in your add. I can see the tear in the rubber, but never undid the repair, to see how deep the damage is. How thick do you think the rubber is in that area?

So, based on your thinking, if you buy a new car, drive it for 100,00 miles in a month, tear the inside up, dent it, it's still practically brand new because it's only a month old??

I only noticed the fleece, when I looked very carefully at the waders, to see what other damage there was, that was never disclosed. Also, you forgot to mention that the boots were wore enough to start to wear down the heels.

I should not have made the comment on the ribbons, but I was upset about the way I was treated. Sorry for that post.

We shoud move this to the open forum to get other's opinions, since this isn't the place for this type of dialog. I'd also be interested in the opinions.

7. joshblack

joshblack Senior Refuge Member

O my god will you guys quit acting like school girls and get over it. It's done. Let it go.

8. Pine

Pine Elite Refuge Member

there is a word for someone using gift on pay pal for a item they sold. it's called FRAUD

john4wdh likes this.
  9. black dog

You should familiarize yourself with US Commerce Law and US Civil Code, its definitions, and how hey align themselves with PayPal's self-imposed regulations, which, by definition is not fraud. Paypal is getting there fees by the buyer paying for them instead of the seller paying for them.

10. black dog

Well said. I've said my piece, I'm done and moving on.