Post negative deal feedback here

Discussion in 'Refuge Gang Classifieds' started by BaRtMaN, Mar 13, 2013.

1. dgram36

dgram36 New Member

I've had a negative experience regarding the forum member RETRO. I saw his boat for sale in Pell City, AL and I was going to pass through his area on the way to some military training in Florida in a few weeks. I asked him if I gave him a deposit if he would hold the boat for me and I would stop by and look at it. He told me if I gave him $100 that he would hold the boat and if I didn't buy it he would refund the money minus any expenses incurred by him in gas. I have text messages to prove this. Everything went as planned and I stopped by his house to see the boat last week. We were cordial and I told him I would let him know if I wanted to buy the boat, I needed some time to think about it. The boat needed a little more work than I was willing to put in it so a few days later I made up my mind and told him I would pass on the boat. He then said he didn't know if he would refund my deposit because I had hurt his feelings. Apparently he didn't like the fact I said his boat needed work. I honestly don't even understand why he was offended. In any case he has not refunded the money that he said he would. I filed a paypal claim and I'm still waiting. I would not transact with this guy, he lied to me and did not live up to his word. I honestly do not know if he intended on taking my money in the first place or even cheating me out of the whole sum once I did pay him for the boat. Either way he isn't to be trusted.

2. Fowlballer

Fowlballer Elite Refuge Member

First things first, I have bought and sold a lot of calls on the forums.

I had a Lares T1 up for trade and Uncle.lou offered to trade a Lares Hybrid for it. I quickly let him know that my call was used and not in the condition his was in. I also sent him a picture by phone. The call was on my lanyard and hunted all year without an issue. The call runs fine and there are no scratches or nicks on the call anywhere except for the silver band. The band is a bit tattered an old but that is it, nothing else. I get a call from him last week telling me the insert is loose so I agreed for him to ship the call back and I would send his back. I got my call today and it is the same call I sent him. No issues, the insert is not loose, the wedge is not loose and there is NOTHING wrong with the call. I am going to chalk this up to a someone that didn't like the call they got. Bottom line is I would not do business with him.

3. MarcusRiley

MarcusRiley Senior Refuge Member

nygoosebuster..... Has left a bad taste in my mouth. I have dealt with many of you here for years and never had a deal turn SOUR till now. He had a set of chokes listed as:

wad wizard choke tube set for sale or trade
    I have a wad wizard swat and supreme set for a beretta extrema great shape asking $100 for the set or willing to trade for duck field shell decoy

I have my brother in law send him a check for the $100.00 after we spoke via PM here. He states he did receive the check and then he said inspects his chokes and finds rust pitting and no longer wants to sell the chokes. He then says 03-12-2014, 04:22 AM
    nygoosebuster
    Senior Refuge Member

nygoosebuster
    03-12-2014, 04:22 AM
    "sorry for the delay, I will be sending the check back, as further inspection of the choke one is rust pitted on the inside and I do not feel safe selling it I will put check in mail this weekend sorry again"

I have left 2 messages since just asking if the check is in the mail, no response please help me get this deal finalized and get my check back so he can not cash it later if he decided to. It is deals like this that make a great place like this suffer because you can't trust some people I suppose. It has been 2 weeks all I want is the check back. Can any MODS here help to make this happen? Thanks

Marcus Riley

4. Fowlballer

If I am not mistaken NYgoosebuster is the same guy that screwed a guy out of a mojo a few years back. It made 4-5 pages in the classifieds.

5. auto5

auto5 Elite Refuge Member

Yep, that was me ... and in the end I gota brand new super mojo w/ remote. Took about 45 days and help from some good folks .... one in particular

Wish the old feedback was still around, or my old post on this... but it's been removed :flame

Can you not cancel the check you sent?

His profile says: 'pro staffer for longneckoutdoors, Dakota Xtreme team, and Drake Wear'

I'd start with each of these companies and start asking about him... I recall several he'd listed before he didn't actually staff for :rolleyes:

6. Fowlballer

I am just trying to figure out why he is still a member of the forums.

7. auto5

Good question

8. MarcusRiley

MarcusRiley Senior Refuge Member

I was out of the country on business and had my brother in law write the check. I know it cost to cancel a check so I didn't want to do have him do that. He has spoken to his bank and he has a friend of a friend that actually knows this guy. So he is not worried about it going any further. I just hate when a deal has to go south. Live and learn!

9. mmayes

mmayes Diver Forum Mod Moderator

Auto, get me his name and I will check with Drake and see if he is affiliated with them. If he is he does not need to drag them down

Mayes

10. auto5

I'd ask MarcusRiley as he just sent him a check , been too long ago I don't recall his name.