Post Pics of your Waterfowl Habitat

Discussion in 'Habitat Forum' started by DisplacedDuck, Sep 29, 2016.

1. DisplacedDuck

DisplacedDuck Senior Refuge Member

That's an admirable stand of moist soil vegetation you got there! Impressive!

2. West Sider

West Sider Senior Refuge Member

60 acre barley field that floods usually mid November to thanksgiving. The farmer did not cut in October like he usually does so we have 3 -4 foot barley with 6-8 inches of seed on each blade. We cut out our hole in the front of the blinds. Seed everywhere. Can't wait for the water.

Attached Files:

3. DisplacedDuck

Looking good West Sider! Never hunted over Barley, but I hear its pretty dang effective

4. GLS

GLS New Member

Dirty Rice in Northeast MO. Only have a couple of acres but this year was a trial just to see if it would grow. No experience with rice so not sure if it did well or not!

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

5. DisplacedDuck

Not sure if all the images posted GLS, but what I do see looks good to me!

6. Duckdstroyer

Duckdstroyer Refuge Member

Lookin good for duck groceries! I see a little Barnyard Grass mixed in there as well. Good stuff!

7. JFG

JFG Elite Refuge Member

Those are all some good looking groceries! I'm envious ...

Here's my around 20 acre m-s unit as of two days ago with a little water already on it. My buddy called and said we had almost 3" this am ...and we haven't even seen the hurricane's effects yet. Now forecast to landfall Wilmington (where I live) and significantly impact my place/camp to the NE. Storm tide surge, 13" of rain .......... I'm not liking this. :(

[​IMG]

8. West Sider

West Sider Senior Refuge Member

we kick off ALOT of birds late in the season every hunt. It doesn't mean success but the birds defiantly love it. I've hunted til dusk a few times and after pick up, watched them go into the field by the hundreds. Of course 10 min after shoot time

9. Clayton

Clayton Moderator Moderator

How are you NC guys doing? I can see you are getting hammered with rain. Are your homes safe?

10. JFG

JFG Elite Refuge Member

Winds rocking now at 55 plus at house as we are now on the back side of storm. Homes here are safe. Rain to the counties an hour from me will have 500 yr flooding similar to Hurricane Floyd. My place is now just starting to get hammered, wind driven tide surge is biggest concern, don't need it to get into my camp. My local friend just told me so far water not up a lot on island but wind picking up from east. We think we will be okay but ...

Appreciate your concern Clayton but the real question is how are you progressing? Hope you're mending well ...