Post Pics of your Waterfowl Habitat

Discussion in 'Habitat Forum' started by DisplacedDuck, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Albino Woodie

Albino Woodie Senior Refuge Member

Storm surge is whipping my but right now.

2. JFG

JFG Elite Refuge Member

Yep, but if it will get out of here quickly we will have maybe only moderate damage, hopefully no more. The perils of having places in coastal areas.

3. Albino Woodie

Albino Woodie Senior Refuge Member

I'm being positive hoping for moderate damage, but i just don't think i'll be that lucky with this storm. Around 4:00 P.M. the storm was still south of us a good ways down the coast and the storm surge was unreal. It had to be 10 foot with 1-2ft waves on top of it. I'm not sure how much higher it rushed in once it got dark and the storm hit us. I believe high tide was also around 2:00 A.M. when we were hit the hardest. We have a TON of water where it shouldn't be right now.

Here it is around 4:00 P.M.
    [​IMG]

4. JFG

JFG Elite Refuge Member

Boys, eastern NC got A LOT of rain, water rescues going on all over as we speak. Rivers are out of their banks and it's only going to get worse in the following days. Everybody now has an impoundment unfortunately ...
    For whatever reason, we avoided a tidal flood at my place thank goodness. Prayers for all that have been affected.

5. Clayton

Clayton Moderator Moderator

I could tell you all got hit bad. All my family in SE VA are okay. Mom is without power. Lots of historic flooding in the area. Storm didn't turn out to sea as soon as predicted.

6. Cliner

Cliner Senior Refuge Member

Got some pics from September. Corn looks a little different. First pic is of my SW pit. The pit is surrounded by the taller corn on the left. The second pic is of the NW pit. I'm standing on it looking southeast.

Attached Files:

7. JFG

JFG Elite Refuge Member

Post hurricane Mathew pic. We were fortunate not to have had salt water flood over and into the pond. She's full now from all the rain so no need to pump. But smaller rivers, etc. upstream are peaking and will eventually make their way down here. I think we have a large enough basin (river/sound) to disperse most of it. They really have it bad back that way ...

[​IMG]

8. Cliner

Cliner Senior Refuge Member

Got a little water filling the ditches. We're not far away now!

Attached Files:

9. laughing mallard

laughing mallard Elite Refuge Member

10. pumpgunner

pumpgunner Elite Refuge Member