Post up a pic of your 4x4 or 4x4's

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by 10ga, Jan 11, 2013.

1. bsktball55

bsktball55 Senior Refuge Member

2. baltz526

baltz526 Senior Refuge Member

plow.jpg

tcc likes this.
  3. duckn okie

duckn okie Senior Refuge Member

IMG_0076.JPG IMG_0075.JPG My 2015 power wagon

4. Cootershooter

Cootershooter New Member

My 73 chevy K20, np205, 700r4, 5.13 gears, Detroit locker rear, ARB front, 37" tires, chromolly axle shafts, efi, plus lots of body armor and lights.

Attached Files:

5. 10ga

10ga Elite Refuge Member

I got all my armor built for the 98. I put some kick-out sliders on and some front fender rail guards. Last year I was on a trail and a friend was driving his Tundra when it slid into a high bank. He has the front fender rails and it saved him a lot of money on paint and body work. After I saw that, I decided when I built another one I was going to do the same. I guess we'll see but I think I'm settled into a rig for a while. This one already has some dents and scratches so I don't have to baby it like I did the white 99 or the red 80 series. We hit Hurricane Creek trail in western NC last week and had a blast.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

10ga, that is a cool looking ride. I don't want it, wouldn't do the things I want to do, but if I saw it at the stoplight, you would get a 'honk', and a 'thumbs up'.

7. 10ga

10ga Elite Refuge Member

Thank you, sir. It's always good to get a thumbs up :tu

8. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Man I have got to get my 60 back on the road this summer! I'm torn between swapping in a LS engine or fixing up/rebuilding the ole 2f. Modern engine would be way more practical but just kinda feels wrong!

9. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

If'ns you're gonna do an LS (I assume you mean a bow-tie LS), why not do an i-Force? Is it a budgetary thing, or will they not fit for some reason? Should be able to start finding those setups in junk yards.

10. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Cost and simplicity. There are a million options and parts out there for swapping GM engines into nearly anything, and very little for Toyota stuff. I'd love to put a 2UZ in it, I don't need or want a ton of power, just enough to make it easy to drive. With the 2f it's just flat underpowered; fantastic offroad and at low speed but sucks when towing even a small trailer, on the interstate, up any sort of hill, etc.
    I really want to drop a Isuzu 4BD into it, but they're rather pricy too. I may actually end up with a big block just because I like the torque on the bottom end; makes driving easy.