Post Up Some Pics Here!!!

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunters Forum' started by quackwacker1, Feb 2, 2009.

1. hiballer211

hiballer211 Senior Refuge Member

Stinger,
    I havent made up my mind yet:scratch, I keep going back and forth between the.223 and 22/250, but I dont really think you can go wrong with either one. The only reason I am leaning twords the .223 is because I already have a 22/250...

2. STINGER

STINGER Elite Refuge Member

Nice haul ................. :tu

3. STINGER

thanks a bunch .............. you've been very informative and have opened my eyes a good bit ............ I'll let you know what I decide on ........... I'm gonna get something this coming week :tu

4. JDK

JDK Moderator Moderator Flyway Manager

Great pics and hunt of the yotes.:tu

5. featherbusta

featherbusta Senior Refuge Member

Got this little gal Jan 14th with a savage model 10 in 223

[​IMG]

6. Yuma Outdoorsman

Yuma Outdoorsman Senior Refuge Member

Bobcat from November...
    [​IMG]

Coyote from a couple years ago...
    [​IMG]

7. goose_boy

goose_boy Senior Refuge Member

VTR is a good gun no doubt, but I would sooner go with another in the Remington 700 line up. My basis for this is from www.snipercentral.com . Go to their review section. These guys are basing this mostly off of .308s and long ranges but that just magnifies the smaller distances and smaller calibers. General findings according to his tests are that it is sub par vs. a standard 700P, or 700 svs-t or svs-v. Basically what he says is the metal removed to make that sweet looking triangular barrel compromises rigidity, and the full round heavy barrel of the police, tactical, or varmint barrel generally shoots better from the factory. After reading this I got the SPS-V in 22-250... couldn't be more pleased with it. Shooting .5MOA with off the shelf wal-mart loads before adjusting the heavy 8# trigger down to 3#. Super easy to adjust, and breaks like glass. Great set up, I'm sure quackwhacker would agree since that also seems to be the SPS-V with the 26" barrel. I think I could probably put up .375" groups at 100yds right now, but have been too busy hunting to shoot paper!

8. goose_boy

goose_boy Senior Refuge Member

BTW... Stinger, what do you hunt in particular? Coyotes and fox, bobcats? If just coyotes, stick with the 22-250. They aren't near as picky for loads as the .223. If you handload, this won't be as much as a problem. Also depends on your terrain. If you only get shots under 250-300, .223 will serve you just as well as the 22-250. The 250 is great in that youre putting the same bullet out at 400+fps faster, so flatter trajectory and generally gain some yards on effective knock down, DRT power. I would base your decision on the yardage of shots you take, and if you hand load or not. If you would like to know more, PM me and I can refer you to several sources or check out www.snipershide.com .

9. STINGER

goose boy .............. some quality info there sir ......... Thank You ...... :tu

10. hntnnut

hntnnut Senior Refuge Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is a pic from the early 1920s in wyoming
    [​IMG]

Richard