Power calls

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by joshblack, Nov 5, 2017.

1. joshblack

joshblack Senior Refuge Member

Anybody ran them? Worth the price for them? Never heard of them or ran them. Wondering why there so expensive

2. Greenhead Rocker

Greenhead Rocker Elite Refuge Member

Their acrylic models are the same as most everyone else. It's when you add the titanium gut option or go full carbon fiber call body and titanium guts that you get those much higher prices. They are really nice calls and offer good range. Kelley Powers is the owner of the company. They use an acrylic and titanium versions of Kelley's/Tim Grounds Triple Crown guts, which is a mold of Kelley's worn in clucker guts that he used for years. For call bodies they use acrylic or carbon fiber. They are well made and great sounding calls. NOT hard to use either.

3. Randy_Cesco

Randy_Cesco Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

I got to run one of their Carbon Fiber goose calls about a week ago. I believe it was the one that Kile Jones is using in competitions but I cant remember the name of it. The call is well made and is easy to run with a full range of sounds. Over all a great call in my opinion.

4. DrakeStar

DrakeStar Elite Refuge Member

I believe its the Gravity , Kile Jones is using.
    Good sounding calls whether in acrylic or carbon fiber,them titanium guts sound wicked.

Randy_Cesco likes this.
  5. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

Wavelength or a prototype for 2018. The Gravity is the shorter hunting call, not a comp call.

Randy_Cesco likes this.
  6. ArmChair Biologist

ArmChair Biologist Senior Refuge Member

I just blew a couple powers calls today. They're very easy to blow and sound good. However, I don't see why you'd pay the high price for them. They can't do anything that any other good call can't do. I also couldn't hear much difference with the titanium guts then a call with plastic guts. I only blew them myself though, I didn't hear anyone else on them.

Maybe you guys have a better ear then I do, but a good short reed blown by the same person all sounds the same to me. I usually go with whatever operates the best and which ever call I can get fast/aggressive with most easily. One of my good buddies is the best goose caller I've ever met outside of Threinen and Mike Benjamin and he can take his lanyard 100 yards away and I cant tell the difference between his calls. Unless they're made of different material like wood versus acrylic.

7. Goosehunter161

Goosehunter161 New Member

I purchased the Wavelength with titanium guts, very loud and easy blowing call. The geese love it !

8. Constructeur

Constructeur Senior Refuge Member

When you add in various atmospheric noises, wind, and distance, I'd recon the birds would tell you the same thing.

9. Smackdown 870

Smackdown 870 Elite Refuge Member

I wonder how spit does with the Titanium in sub 32 degree weather? Last time I checked Titanium heats and cools very fast..so one would think that spit would become a factor.

10. ArmChair Biologist

ArmChair Biologist Senior Refuge Member

That's a good point. I really couldn't say. I just don't know why you would have titanium guts. Like I said before, the call didn't sound any different then any other good short reed I've blown. I just don't see the function of it. It's not like plastic guts really wear out, or if they do you'd have to be a competition caller to get there.

Perhaps it's just a sales gimmick to make their calls stand out in the very crowded call market. If they are the easiest to operate for someone then I would say go ahead...otherwise they're expensive