Power hunter

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Lorne, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Lorne

Lorne Senior Refuge Member

Im looking at getting a few layout blinds this year. Now $300 for a blind is out of the question for me so im considering hthe power hunter. Just curious hold, how easy they are to setup, and comfort. Also why is the power hunter half the price of the other ones. What are the reasons?

THanks

Lorne

2. PlushHunter

PlushHunter Elite Refuge Member

cause the powerhunter has a smaller frame but has a biiiiig bootbag im 6ft 260 and i fit in the powerhunter fine it just has the backrest with the fliptop for the frame and has the bootbag that velcros on the top end so u unvelcro it and just sit in and cover up... lowest profile blind out there and well worth 100-150 depends if u get the new khaki or other colors... and the face screen is nice for calling keeps hands well hidden.

Plushy~

3. RUSSELL HALLOCK

RUSSELL HALLOCK Elite Refuge Member

I use the Power Hunter about 95% of the time. Usually the only time I use something other than my Power Hunter is if I am travelling and a Power Hunter is not available. I am 6'4" and 290 lbs. and I am comfortable in the Power Hunter. The Power Hunter sets up and takes down in less than a minute. PlushHunter is correct about the face screen. It keeps your face and hands well hidden, while allowing you a 360 degree field of view. The Power Hunter is light and easy to pack into a muddy field. You can easily use a flag out of the Power Hunter. The MSRP for the Field Khaki Power Hunter is $119.00. If you shop around, you may find it cheaper than the suggested retail. The Field Khaki is a great option that Avery has come out with. It makes the blind less expensive and will blend into any field with the use of natural vegitation. If natural vegitation is scarce, you can use the new Killerweed from Avery. The Killerweed layout kit comes in All-Terrain and Winter Wheat colors. One layout blind kit will cover 2 Power Hunters. The MSRP for the Killerweed layout blind kit is $39.99. I hope this helps.

4. rustygunner

rustygunner Senior Refuge Member

Great Point Russel! the new Khaki is going to be awsome!

5. thegoodie1

thegoodie1 Elite Refuge Member

Lorne,

I just bought a power hunter and like it better then the x landr I am getting rid of, my only concern is the lid pops up over your head, most guys will tell you they have never had a problem with it coming back down, I am going to trust them, it seems the power hunter has many great things and i dont think you could go wrong buying 1!!

6. berk

berk Elite Refuge Member

I just bought a PH as well. Once you put it together the first time, set-up is honestly about ten seconds. Unfold it, slide two bars, snap one in place and you're ready to roll. As far as comfort goes, I think it will be comfy enough for a few hours. It is by no means luxurious, but not bad for the money.

7. Mark Moreland

Mark Moreland Elite Refuge Member

I think the Power Hunter is one awesome blind.For low profile,lightweight and ease of set up you cannot beat it.The hood has yet to come forward on me coming up to shoot,just make sure that you have clearance for the hood to go back without being obstructed by anything such as decoys,tall stubble ect.Now that Avery will be offering them in Khaki,you can get into one of those for about $100 dollars.I hunt hard and often and have 4 Power Hunters,never had a problem with any of them.....Mark

8. Lorne

Lorne Senior Refuge Member

I like what im hearing , thanks for the input guys. Are the blinds already out in Khaki? if not when and where do I order them for?

Lorne

9. Fanatic

Fanatic Elite Refuge Member

the PH is my first pick in a blind... I love the cage, I always have this paranoia out there while calling without gloves and your hands shining... I love the way this blind completely conceals you at the face.... This also allows it way easier for me to look behind me as birds circle , I hate doing this in other blinds as well...
    I also really like the way it contours to the land way easier than other blinds due to its design.... No other blind does this like it or as well as the PowerHunter...

10. kangooseman

kangooseman Refuge Member

Any of you guys that use the powerhunter ever have to shoot birds that are behind you? I have hunted out of one before and their in absolutely no way I could shoot anything that wasn't pretty much straight in front of me. Just wondering what you guys do when they don't come in like you planned.