Power hunter

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Lorne, Jul 11, 2004.

1. SwampHunter

SwampHunter Elite Refuge Member

I really like mine. They are great blinds and about as low profile as you can get in a ground blind. Pretty comfortable too even with a bad back. They don't wiegh very much and fold up better than most others. :tu

2. RUSSELL HALLOCK

RUSSELL HALLOCK Elite Refuge Member

kangooseman,

I have gunned out of either a Power Hunter, Finisher, or Migrator the last 4 years. I am a left handed shooter. I rotate the blind to the left. This allows me to cover the entire landing area and anything to the left. All my friends shoot right handed. They rotate the blind to the right, so they can cover the landing area and to the right. Between two shooters you can cover the almost the entire spread, except a small area the blinds.

3. guideman

guideman Senior Refuge Member

Guy's, I am using a proguide right now and was looking at also getting a blind to use on walkin hunts.I was looking at the X-Lander & Power Hunter. I really like the power hunter but I want lowest profile I can get and I see where the X-Lander is 14" High & the Power Hunter is 21" High, that is quite a difference. Has anyone had any trouble with the hood being to high on them? Thanks everyone! guideman!!!:tu

4. RUSSELL HALLOCK

RUSSELL HALLOCK Elite Refuge Member

guideman,

I hunt primarily winter wheat fields. I have not had a problem with the lid being to high. I usually put decoys around the blinds to break up the blind's profile.

5. guideman

guideman Senior Refuge Member

Thanks Russell, we will be hunting winter wheat in early sept then we mostly hunt chopped corn until they harvest corn later on. It looks like a nice blind I might have to try one out.Thanks again. guideman!!!:tu

6. BIG BANG

BIG BANG Elite Refuge Member

Guys where can i get one????

7. Mark Moreland

Mark Moreland Elite Refuge Member

Guideman,I hunt quite a bit in picked bean fields,not much cover there.I just use the bean stubble and decoys to break up the outline of the blind.The Power Hunter really blends in with any field,as long as you take the time to grass it with whatever type field you might be in. Now with the Killer Weed coming out,should make that easier and faster as well....

8. thegoodie1

thegoodie1 Elite Refuge Member

I am set to buy a finisher, however you guys are very close to talking me into another power hunter, great posts guys tough dilemma to be in:tu

9. Mikey B

Mikey B Senior Refuge Member

I have never saw a Power Hunter in person, and was just wandering if the face screen is hand operated or is there some kind of trip strap on it to pull it back out of the way. Also how much room do you have in 1 to store stuff. THANKS Mike

10. Mark Moreland

Mark Moreland Elite Refuge Member

Mikey B. The mesh flip top is hand operated.You flip it back when you come up to shoot.The sweet thing about the Power Hunter is the simplicity in how it works.