Power Trim Copperhead 18hp

Discussion in 'Mud Motors' started by Capt. John Stieben, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Capt. John Stieben

Capt. John Stieben Refuge Member

Ok looking for opinions, have after market power trim unit in the box here, installing a 18 hp copperhead surface drive on a newly designed 14' sneak boat. New to mudmotors, big advantage(s) to power trim?

Posted on another site too for those that replied over there just trying to decide what to do, I have outboard on Black Brant III that could use the trim too.

Thanks,

2. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

Did you ask Copperhead motors? I almost bought their 23 HP a couple of seasons ago.

3. buck19

buck19 Senior Refuge Member

Trim allows you to accommodate changes in load, prop diameter and wear, adjust engine rpm and fine tune where the prop is running in relation to the surface on the fly. Also makes it easier to drop down and dig. Being that your combination is most likely underpowered and lacks surface area for the load your going to put in it I would think the trim would let you get every bit you can out of your motor and be a useful addition.

4. Uncle Fuzzy

Uncle Fuzzy New Member

Capt., take a look at Mangrove Mud Motors. They have a hydraulic jack for trim adjustment. I'm planing on doing the same with a 2 ton jack from Harbor Freight.

5. Capt. John Stieben

Capt. John Stieben Refuge Member

Yes I called Copperhead, the gal said a tech was at lunch and he would call me back as soon as he got back from lunch, must of been a long lunch that was several days ago LOL