Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

PowerTech Prop Options for 25 hp 2-strokes

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by In Close, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Fakout

Fakout Elite Refuge Member

Hmmmmm, do I need to check this out there Danny?????? :yes

2. 1995 US1

1995 US1 Moderator Sponsor Moderator

If you want to run your engine about 3" lower than with the Trophy Sport. The Vengeance must be BURIED to run. It is the deepest running prop I have ever worked with. We have aluminum props that will run higher than a Vengeance.
    D

3. In Close

In Close Elite Refuge Member

As Far As I Can Get From Skybusters & Spinners & V
    Thanks for the input. Couple more questions. My boat is 16' long and has 7 total strakes; 1 large one down the middle and three smaller strakes on either side. Should the hooking start on the outside of the first strake from the larger middle strake? There is 15" from the transom to the back of the back bench seat. Does that mean I should hook my hull in that 15" area and should the crown (deepest part of the hook) be at 7 1/2"; middle of the 15"? Also, is the necessary depth of the hook affected by the length/weight of the boat? Here are a couple pics of my hull for confirmation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, I finally chose a prop; Yamaha Performance SS 12 pitch. Seems to have very little difuser ring; I assume this cuts down on drag a little? Seems to be a pretty nice prop for my situation. Kind of feel I could turn a 13 in this same prop based on the rpms I'm still turning, but the extra will be nice to have when adding more load to the boat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. 1995 US1

The crown of the hook should be halfway between the transom and the seat.

[​IMG]

Hook the same area on both sides. Leave the center 3 corrugations alone, do not touch.

That "Yamaha" prop is made by Turbo, a very good company, a very well built prop. They also seem to run well. Life would sure be much simpler if ONE company made the best props for any given outboards.

Danny

5. In Close

In Close Elite Refuge Member

As Far As I Can Get From Skybusters & Spinners & V
    US1, thanks again.

6. Fakout

AHH, I thought you said that the Vengeance could run higher!!! I think I will stick with my TS!:tu

7. 1995 US1

This will run higher. It will also torque your arm off, but, if you have the cojones,,,,,, it will fly. You will run out of lift plate before it runs out of bite. This prop runs 7" above my 21" transom. I raise it until my water pressure gets down to about 3 pounds. You do the math. I can turn this prop 6250rpm. Average pitch is 18, gear ratio is 1.83, diameter is 12".
    http://www.rbbi.com/folders/prop/propcalc.htm

[​IMG]

D

8. Fakout

You know, its gonna be real close to Christmas when I come down!!!!!!! You could just box one up and put my name on it!!!:yes:tu

BTW, does this thing come with its own crash helmet?????:sp

9. ScavengerMan

ScavengerMan Senior Refuge Member

Great thread guys, special thanks to Danny and all the other contributors. :tu

This subject really hits home with one of my rigs. It is a 16.5 deep-v Sea Nymph with a 25 Hp Evinrude two stroke. After experimenting with three different aluminum props, my current choice is an Aluminum 10x13. It is plenty adequate for top end and will work itself on plane with a moderately heavy load. What I'm thinking about is a stainless replacement that will muscle up a super heavy duck hunters load! That 12 pitch turbo prop looks great and might be a good candidate. If I'm not mistaken, I think that same (or similar) prop is made in a 10 pitch.

What would be the best stainless steel propeller for getting a 16.5 deep-v on plane with an OMC 25 hp, two cylinder, two stroke when the boat is loaded to the gills???

10. 1995 US1

What is your WOT rpm with the 13 pitch?
    D