Prairie Thunder Outfitters

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by klitzy38, Dec 19, 2016.

1. klitzy38

klitzy38 Senior Refuge Member

Just wondering if anyone knew how they had been doing lately? I'd heard some rumblings of a couple darn good shoots and wished I knew more about how they do it.

2. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

Not me- just from the book of face

Cynthia Broadwell · December 16, 2016
    One star is giving them too much credit. Hunted there last year and had a decent hunt despite the outfitter not paying attention to details. booked again for th...is year, It was the worst experience of my 55 year hunting career. things have changed dramatically from last year. Just hunted dec12 thru 15, 2016, 4 days 7 hunters. total take for the group was about 12 birds in 4 days. I never had a legitimate shot opportunity. Group in front of us did not do much better. the area holds about 1 million birds. in the good times a blind hog could put you on birds, it is the tough times that separate the men from the boys Outfiiter, Zach consistently demonstrated in the tough time they are excuse ridden boys. In my opinion demonstrated real prejudice against older hunters, would not communicate or associate withus. Great lodge, good area but beside George and Brayden, incompetent young guides. Outfitter does not know how to manage his business, resources or customers. my impression is he wants young in experienced hunters who want to bask in his celebrity. Was a coward, and would not face us or show up on last day. these guys are not true waterfowl outfitters, like the commercial, they are waterfowl monitors. they scout hard and find birds but do not have the skill on tough days to put them in front of customers. think about it. 4 days of hunting in the best area of the US, during the peak period, in prime conditions and they could not deliver. we did not miss, we did not get a chance to hit or miss, and yes the guides spent all of their time on their smart phones, to sum it up in a word, PATHETIC. IF YOU RESPECT YOUR TIME AND MONEY BEWARE.
    I constantly hear about how hard the these guys scout. Hard scouting takes no skill at all, it is wide open county with incredible bird numbers, all you need is a vehicle.
    The good times are over for these guys, with increased competition, fewer spots they are failing. think how bad it will be when nature's cycles cause the bird numbers to fall.
    great at hype and media. Very very poor at the execution of the business of waterfowl outfitting.

rmb79 likes this.
  3. Tman

Tman Senior Refuge Member

I would love to hear a first-hand report from someone who was there this weekend....

4. KSRedleg

KSRedleg Elite Refuge Member

Simply a disgruntled customer.....Everyone gets them. Maybe they were just a few days early, or late.
    Also from the Book or Farce...... :dv

Larry Boomer A friend who was there 3 day before we got there killed 138 birds. The hunters Saturday and Sunday killed over 100. The 3 day before friend told me they killed 23 limits of mallards the day after we left. 138 birds according to snap chat. Does not pass the smell test Zak.
    Reply · 20 hrs

5. klitzy38

Me too. Sounds like maybe the hunters that didn't shoot many the week before were just not good shots.

6. ganderchicken

ganderchicken New Member

Heard from an old x-outfitter in that area things didn't look good for the group. He didn't elaborate... Still waiting to hear details.

7. dux/24 7

dux/24 7 Elite Refuge Member

Yawn, Yawn, if your not hunting with them and paying then who cares how they are doing. Maybe people dont re-book them and they go away.

8. klitzy38

From the sounds of it you're spot on about them going away.

Marshwalker likes this.
  9. dux/24 7

dux/24 7 Elite Refuge Member

I bet the waiting list is plenty long. Plenty other people willing to pay it they'll just take everybody else's spot.

10. Marshwalker

Marshwalker Senior Refuge Member

Maybe Zach could send him an autograph picture to make up for it as a nice gesture

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016