Preaching

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Buffalo Howler, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Buffalo Howler

Buffalo Howler Senior Refuge Member

Jonah 1:2
    “Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and call out against it, for their evil has come up before me.”

Just think. A man named Jonah was sent to speak against evil. Hmm.
    In today's Christian culture we can get along pretty good just speaking about the good things God has to offer. We are told to be tolerant and submissive to the people around us.
    Jonah was not given that choice. John the Baptist preached his head off as well. What I see lacking in most of today's culture is the lack of positive identification. Call something evil and watch what happens. Tell someone that the Pope is evil, Joseph Smith was an minister of evil, homosexuality is a product of hell etc... All of this because they have gone astray from God's Word. The only Way to rightousness is by the bloop of Christ. The Word became flesh and dwelt among men. It's Jesus blood that covers the evil in me. That's all. Same blood that washed the saints of old washes me. It's only those that try to make up some false story of water or works that mock the blood of Christ. Let people live in sin and expect God's mercy to be your hope? He who hath not the son hath not life.
    For those who know Him. Speak to those who don't.

2. Marty

Marty Elite Refuge Member

Good Preaching brother David! LOVE GOD, LOVE PEOPLE, SERVE OTHERS and TELL EVERYONE about GOD and the blood that covered our sins from Christ Jesus our LORD and Savior!

sdkidaho likes this.
  3. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho Moderator Flyway Manager

I want to ask some questions. I don't intend or want to come off as being confrontational by asking questions. I just want to understand what you believe better. If that isn't ok, I understand completely and you can just ignore me - it won't hurt my feelings.

I fully agree that the only way back is through Jesus Christ. His Atonement made that possible. I "think" we have this belief in common.

One of my questions is about being saved. What is it that a person has to do, to be saved?

4. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

I want to talk about Sodom and Gomorrah and that place. Don't even get me started on the false profits.

5. Buffalo Howler

Be born again. Luke 18:18-29
    With that passage is the call to follow Christ. The rich young ruler was trying to do what the Law requires. No one is good. God's law is perfect. We are not. Being born again is not "accepting" Jesus into your heart by word only. It is not having water put on you by a person. Being born again is having the Holy Spirit bring a new heart into a dead body. Ephesians 2:1 The church is those who have been born of God. 1 John 3:1-2
    Following a set of rules does not make you innocent. It means you haven't been caught. For those born from above they have been given life. Jesus is their Lord. They know him and he knows them.

6. sdkidaho

Thank you, I appreciate you answering.

Can you expand on this? Not necessarily with scripture reference but what that meant for you, even on a day to day basis.

7. Buffalo Howler

A few years ago duck hunting I had an experiance duck hunting. A rushing sound of birds come in from behind me. Never before had I seen such a large flock of Canvasbacks. I had never even shot one. Only read about it. What was only in print became real.
    This is a very poor comparison to Gods Word but I'm trying to explain it. What I had read going to Sunday School as a kid became real. The stories of God's men became truth in my own life. My eyes would tear up for lost people. I have been hated by family. Disowned from friends. All promises I only read about before. The bible is longer a story God wrote but a testimony of what my Dad did and is going to do.

8. sdkidaho

I like that description - thanks again for taking the time to respond to my questions.

I'm certain we'd get along fine were we ever to meet.