Preferred turkey vest

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by Semper Fiduckis, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Semper Fiduckis

Semper Fiduckis Senior Refuge Member

Hey guys,
    I'm new to turkey hunting and wanted to get some professional opinions on what vest has worked best for you guys. Comfort and functionality. I think I'm looking for one with a seat pad and potentially bipod back rest.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

My fav is a cheap field and stream one. Has a super thick pad, is why I got it (that, and it was on clearance for barely anything). Those 1" thick pads don't do squat. This one is about 3" thick.

3. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

What I like differs from many. I like a simple vest without a ton of specialty pockets. Also, I remove the pad. I don't like them, but I rarely sit in a spot more than 30 minutes.

4. Birdsnspurs

Birdsnspurs Refuge Member

Well I had a mossy elite and it fell apart in 1 season which was last year. Was junk and I didn't even put it through any crap.

I've bought a new alps grand slam I think it's called with the kickstand. It's comfy fits good magnets are a little tuff to get matched and I think the kickstand may rub the gun while carrying it on your shoulder but the kickstand is removable and the seat is super comfy.

I looked at the tatr line of cabelas and I didn't like how they came over the front.

May look at the knight and Hale no hands vest. A good friend just bought it and he likes it a lot

Semper Fiduckis likes this.
  5. mudhen

mudhen Elite Refuge Member

15-20 or so vests, none worth a crap past one season...

Elite I guess, replace often...

6. soiltester

soiltester Elite Refuge Member

Got the neighbor boy and APLS NWTF w/o the chair stand and my neighbor just got his ALPS with the fold out chair stand .. do the jury is out for the verdict :l:scratch:amen

Me, well just a cheap vest with lots of pockets and as mentioned and thin detachable seat that I use and don't use as I always carry a folding seat ;)

7. Birdsnspurs

I'll know about April 8th on my alps

8. Redleggs

Redleggs Senior Refuge Member

Bucklick creek stadium seat. Bass pro makes a very similar vest. Nice thing is you don't have to take it off to use seat. Game bag is large enough to carry a vertical blind and a bird. Also ha ample pockets and a hydration bladder. I got one going on ten seasons.

Semper Fiduckis likes this.
  9. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Dang, what do y'all's vests weigh?

10. Birdsnspurs

Mine is 6lb with the kickstand 4 without