Presque isle duck blinds

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania Flyway Forum' started by Drake91, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Drake91

Drake91 New Member

Anyone on here been huntin the blinds on Presque isle??.. I have never been up there to hunt em I know people build em an if u go an they show up u have to leave... but was just curious around this time of the year how packed they get... hate to make the trip with a buddy an my dad (this is their first year for waterfowl) an be a waste... another question is what blinds can u wade the best only got a Jon boat with a trolling motor that I don' really wanna take up there... And if anyone is goin solo in their blind an wants to hunt the next couple weekends let me know if that's possible... been wanting to give this place a try
    thanks

2. duckarver

duckarver Refuge Member

weekends are the busiest for the obvious reason but you can usually find a blind open. That's the good news. The bad is the water is up this year so the blinds that were able to be waded are now not. There was a lot of wind a week or so ago and some are blown over. And to top it off the recent cold temps have froze a lot of the shoreline. That makes it harder to find open blinds at first light

3. JCK248

JCK248 New Member

Drake91, Where are you coming from? I hunt the blinds solo quite often and wouldn't mind some company. As duckarver mentioned, the water levels are high this year and a boat or canoe is almost a necessary item (I have a canoe). Lots of ice and slush this past weekend but still a few open blinds.