Taxidermy Forum Sponsors

prices

Discussion in 'Taxidermy Forum' started by QUACKHEAD007, Mar 29, 2003.

1. QUACKHEAD007

QUACKHEAD007 Elite Refuge Member

what do you guys usally charge for ducks and geese or do you guys usally just do your own birds..........reason i ask is im going snow goose hunting next year and i want to get one mounted and after seeing some of your guys mounts i'd like some of you guys to do it for me:)

2. Spec

Spec Gold Refuge Member

I am sure if you go to each Taxidermist web site you will find his prices!

3. Harliduck

Harliduck Moderator Moderator

Yes, Spec is right.

If you want to know any prices on this forum, please ask the sponsors. I have seen all their work here on-line and they are excellent!

If you are not a sponsor, please refrain from spam...any questions on spam refer to the "Sticky" on the top of the Forum.

Thanks!

4. HarlequinTaxidermy

HarlequinTaxidermy Elite Refuge Member

You get what you pay for... so for your own piece of mind, shop around and compare.
    Good Luck!
    Jon

5. QUACKHEAD007

im not for sure what i said but it seems that yall are getting PO'ed.........all i did ya ask a question?:confused:

6. timbertiger

timbertiger Senior Refuge Member

QH,

Prices range all over the place. Sometimes the quality of the work is reflected in the price sometimes not. That goes for low or high prices. I have seen some very high priced work that should never be seen and some very low priced work that could hold its own in any competition. The saying that you get what you pay can not apply to all.

As posted above. Always check out the taxidermist's work.

Even if a taxidermist does well in competition it does not mean you are going to get that quality of work on your mount. There can be a huge difference between mounts done for competion and commercial work done for a client. So my point is you want to look at a completed mount that has been done for a client. If work done for a client is great then you have found your taxidermist.

My .02 worth.

timbertiger

7. BRETT McCUTCHEON

BRETT McCUTCHEON Elite Refuge Member

I will be a sponsor here shortly too, so then you will be able to check out my prices. Quackhead, no one is mad, but we just can't SPAM here, so it was a loaded question. :eek: ;)

8. QUACKHEAD007

alrighty i get ya boys........didnt mean to ruffle any feathers:D

9. Chuckcnctaxi

Chuckcnctaxi Senior Refuge Member

I frequent the OTHER taxidermy forum .Price has been a well known topic forever .This forum may have to bend a rule or two down the line because it is a very common subject in taxidermy. If it is to be an effective forum it may well HAVE to be addressed from time to time .I know the subject gets beat to death .The spam rule was/is that we cannot discuss price on here in a general open discussion ,as it would be considerred a form of advertising . You would have to contact one or all of us by personal email to further the conversation. All I have to say is get a hold of one,some ,or all of us somehow and we would gladly help you out with your birds. It will eat up a lot more time/space that way but rules are rules.

10. Pochards

Pochards Moderator Moderator

Chuckc and everyone else interested in prices,

Please check with our sponsors about prices and any other questions you may have. They are the professionals here and they can answer any questions you may have about getting a bird or animal done. Thank you!