Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Primos SurroundView Blinds

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by stevena198301, Nov 1, 2018.

1. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Was watching a hunting show at my FILs the other night, and they were talking up the SurroundView blinds. Looks awesome. Love that you can see through all of it. Gonna be a turkey hunting game changer. But $500 for a blind?!? Holy Smokes!

2. Sunklands

Sunklands Elite Refuge Member

That’s to much $$ for me. I have 3 blinds and all 3 are different. I use them mostly for taking the kids and my boys use them by theirselves alot. I’ll crawl in one occasionally if it’s raining but have noticed, if I don’t brush the blind with natural surroundings, then game will adjust for that. If I’m going to have to brush it up to make it better, then I’m not going to be able to fully see out of it, therefore I might as well stick with what I got. Naturally brushing up your hide is a must for consistently killing game up close.

3. stevena198301

I found a version that is $300 at Cabelas. It isn't the 360* one, though. I agree, that cost is a big pill to swallow.

If you set up a blind at 0400, the morning of a hunt, you'll probably spook critters. I have never had an issue with critters "staying away" after it has sat there for a few days. And turkey pay them no mind even if you set them up that morning, down here. I've sat them up in the middle of a field with no brushing. They guys on that show had set it up 2 weeks earlier for deer, with no brushing, and they had deer within 10 yards. He killed a nice buck at 27 yards in front of it with a bow.

4. MJ1657

MJ1657 Senior Refuge Member

I sat in one at the Deer Classic. They are neat but spendy .

stevena198301 likes this.
  5. MJ1657

I sat in one at the Deer Classic. They are neat but spendy .

6. stevena198301

I imagine a few years from now, the price will come down. I hope.

MJ1657 likes this.
  7. MJ1657

I would think. I bought a couple of those Primos double wide door blinds a few years ago. They are much cheaper now then when I bought mine.

stevena198301 likes this.