Pro Drive EFI

Discussion in 'Mud Motors' started by Dan Oby, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Mallardmisser

Mallardmisser Elite Refuge Member

#1 how often do ECUs fail on cars nowdays? This was my point.

#2 if you are going to limit your life experiences because you are worried about equipment failure I feel kind of bad for you.. Not you in specific I mean "You" in general.

#3 Phone a friend?

PS also note I bought a carb model... I am willing to wait for a complete verdict on the EFI system, and I didn't want my wife to see the extra 2K in expense. But odds are it will be on there for the 2015 season.

2. Olefart

Olefart Senior Refuge Member

#1 my son works in auto repair he has replaced 3 units this last week because of low voltage taking out ECU. Bad batterys will destroy electric fuel pumps on EFI engines also. #2 we carry enough tools and spare parts to fix about everthing that possible could go bad in our rigs, we have always been able to get ourselves back to the ramp under our own power. Old school motor know how. #3 Places we've been, are in a cell phone dead area, and if we could reach someone they would have to have another Mud Boat rig to get to us, if they even knew the area.

3. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

You can protect against this with a MOV.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiBXN82vzNQ

4. Mallardmisser

Mallardmisser Elite Refuge Member

I would question an "ol fart" going into an area with no plan for rescue and no cell phone reception. You are probably at greater risk than the electronics in the motor.

Just sayin....

5. Olefart

Olefart Senior Refuge Member

Thats how I got my handle, Crazy Olefart. Wife tells everyone she fully expects, me not coming home from some of my adventures. Life is a challenge, even a little more at my age. I believe in being self suffient when on the river or swamp.

6. Dan Oby

Dan Oby Refuge Member

There was a short in the cowling that ended up frying the EFI. Illowa fixed it and we put twice as many hours on after the fix and it did run better. I am no mechanic, but I assume that the short was causing issues from the start. I have also had carb problems on mud motors, but I have never had a mud motor start so well and respond as well as this motor . I attached a copy of our boat blind

Attached Files:

7. Dan Oby

Dan Oby Refuge Member

more

Attached Files:

8. hyper23

hyper23 Senior Refuge Member

Is that a Fincel blind?

9. Dan Oby

Dan Oby Refuge Member

This is the fincel style blind, absolutely. Excellent design and very effective, they did a great job with this. We use different material to keep the weight down and build it ourselves. There is a considerable difference in the weight and this is done for the Phowler hull and mud motors in general.

I have owned and hunted out of about every design and they all work really well, this design I like as it allows all the hunters to watch the birds at any time undetected.

10. moduks

moduks Senior Refuge Member

Do you have a pic of bare blind frame? without camo? Pics of boat setup?