Pro staff

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Tbgoose, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Tbgoose

Tbgoose Refuge Member

Thanks for the info. My main reason is I love hunting them and videoing the hunts. Thought this might be a way to get a little more into it. Several of you have included some things I did not think about. I think I better just keep on sharing with my friends and family. I don't want to lose this honey hole. Thanks again. I might be willing to join the whisky pro staff if you share.

2. Tbgoose

Tbgoose Refuge Member

Thank you for putting it this way. I needed to hear this. The last thing I want to do is have this happen to us.

3. easternshorerednek

easternshorerednek Elite Refuge Member

I can't think of one benefit of being on a company's prostaff. Like mentioned above you can usually get a better price on products when they go on sale at the end of the season compared to the discount any "prostaffer" gets. A lot of companies are doing away with their ProStaff teams because they are finding more effective ways to market their products with a lot less headaches.

Now Sponsorship is a different story, if "said company" is going to give you free products to test now your getting somewhere!

4. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

The only "pro-staffers" that I give any respect to, are guys that were approached by companies, not guys that go out of their way to get on any and every staff that takes applications. Keep making videos, maybe start a youtube channel or facebook page, put together quality footage, and start doing well produced product reviews and hunt clips. Good lighting, good sound, good video. Be honest in the reviews.
    Start doing some competition duck and goose calling. That is one of the quickest ways to network with guys that are likely already on staffs.
    Don't apply for a prostaff, then only when accepted, start using their products. If you believe in a company, give them honest feedback on their gear, regardless if you are on a staff or not. With social media, it's easy to interact with the people that work for these companies.
    Nobody wants to take advice from a guy who posts "XXX is the best decoy you should use for your situation", on every forum, facebook page, etc.
    It's ok to be a nobody in the waterfowling world. Staffing looks cool for about a minute.

Dan Mallia and Spencer5100 like this.
  5. Full Force Five

Full Force Five Elite Refuge Member

My rank: 4,6,1,2,5,3.

As hard as I've tried I can't enjoy Lagavulin. That Dalwhinnie is growing on me, Oban is always smooth.

Oh and regarding the pro-staff thing. It's a phase. You'll grow out it.

6. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

My favorite this season is a Glendronach Parliament 21 year old. It is like a desert scotch. Interesting flavours and a great lingering after taste. I usually start off with the more delicate scotch and progress to the more flavorful and peaty scotch for later on. I'll always finish off with an Ardbeg or Lagavulin or Laphroaig . Puts hair on your chest.

[​IMG]

7. Tbgoose

Tbgoose Refuge Member

8. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

So a desert scotch would be hot and dry with a sandy finish and cactus overtones? :nutz

9. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

[​IMG]

Zane likes this.
  10. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Sorry, spell check never picked up the noun check.

Make that "dessert"