Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Product Review: Bird Hitch 2

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by freezeland, Sep 18, 2017.

1. freezeland

freezeland New Member

Received it last week. Tried to put it together, but both supplied 1/4" x 1/2" carriage bolts sheared in half when tightening, and the supplied quick release pin was too short.

Went to Lowes and bought a couple stainless steel 1/4" x 3/4" carriage bolts and two 1/4" x 1 1/4" quick release pins (Lowes didn't have a quick release pin long enough either) to replace the single quick release pin supplied by waterfowl junkie. All put together now, but the 2" tubing won't fit in to a 2" receiver. I tried it on two different receivers. Should have bought a grinder while at Lowes to make that fit in to my hitch receiver.

Better to have spent my money on more decoy's. The bird hitch 2 will be staying in the garage next week when I leave for Saskatchewan. Will be plucking birds I guess, ugh....

Don't waste your money.

2. hammbone

hammbone Senior Refuge Member

I built my own it it awesome I can rip birds faster 2-3 guys can cut a wing off and pull the skin off the breast. 50 snow geese 15 min

3. Drundel

Drundel Elite Refuge Member

Got any picts?

4. hammbone

hammbone Senior Refuge Member

Sorry I don't but I will be using it in October I will get some and post it up