Promises Broken Or Has Trump "Evolved?"

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by hartfish, Sep 14, 2017.

1. hartfish

hartfish Elite Refuge Member

Not only will Mexico not be paying for the wall (I still can't believe people fell for that line.) it looks like the wall spanning the entire border will never happen. (I can't believe people fell for that one, either.)
    Trump apparently flip-flopped on DACA, too.

President Trump said Thursday that he is working with Democratic leaders on a plan to legalize illegal immigrant Dreamers, and said he won’t insist on funding his border wall as part of it, saying that “will come later.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/sep/14/donald-trump-vows-work-democrats-legalize-dreamers/

The_Duck_Master likes this.
  2. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

Evolution. Plus, I think he thought he could bully his way around and get what he wanted. Now, reality has set in. His threats are basically laughed at here in the US and abroad. Probably a sobering situation for him.

The Other David likes this.
  3. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Without over analyzing...

If one enters into a task with a notion of how to proceed, then after some time has passed decides that insufficient progress has been made... what to do next:
    • Continue on the original course
    • Re-evaluate and adjust

newduk, double limit and Pastor like this.
  4. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

Is the adjustment still OK when one has a core set of principles and the adjustment made contradicts those principles?

ETA: Oh wait, that assumes one has a core set of principles and has been being honest about what those are.

Ducker 4 Ever and hobbydog like this.
  5. takemrarely

takemrarely Elite Refuge Member

So now he is being slammed because he is willing to work with either party......nice.

6. lax

lax Elite Refuge Member

Define "wall."

Bear likes this.
  7. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

Much like Obama, he is being criticized because of policy. Granted, people are assuming they won't like the policy simply because the agreement was with 2 dems, but I don't think it's a stretch to imagine whether that policy aligns with conservative principles or not.

8. hartfish

Who is slamming him? I'm just curious what the faithful think now that he is waffling on two campaign promises that helped elect him. The wall and DACA were two of his main talking points.

I'm glad he is coming to his senses and I'm happy that he is actually reaching across the aisle, although we all know Trump never was a Republican. A good leader is willing to compromise. Perhaps we are seeing the new Trump.

9. hartfish

upload_2017-9-14_14-16-21.jpeg

10. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

...and most importantly, he is not Hillary. ...but then, ask the Democrats whether they will admit Hillary is one of them.

double limit likes this.