Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Proposed Carry Bill FAQs & Answers

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by drylok, Jun 5, 2013.

1. johnjcb

johnjcb Refuge Member

So here we are over a year into concealed carry and I must say I really have seen very few real issues. Granted we had the guy who carried into a bar (i think) and had a medical issue. Later at the hospital they discovered a firearm. Never did hear the outcome. Needless to say there has not been widespread carnage and blood in the streets as Dart, Emanuel, and others said would surely occur.

what we now need in Illinois are laws similar to Kansas, Georgia and soon Arizona. HB2320, introduced by Rep. Brenda Barton, seeks to amend section 13-3102 of the Arizona Revised Statutes as relating to firearms. In summary the bill seeks to allow concealed carry permit holders to carry anywhere in the state except locations where it can be assured no one can enter with a firearm. This means places would need metal detectors like courthouses and airports.

Kansas has this law now and despite the left's outcry they have had no problems. We need to address this in Illinois as some of the most dangerous places (rest stops, mass transit, etc.) are off limits and a legally armed citizen is at risk.

2. DuckyPhe

DuckyPhe Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

:amen And as soon as Illinois gets it set up like that, I'll spend the money to get mine but it's just not worth it right now. Can't carry where I need to.

Chris

3. johnjcb

johnjcb Refuge Member

In light of recent events both in the US and abroad the one place I would like to carry but cannot is my place of employment. There have been too many attacks on unarmed citizens. Here in the US the last 2 I recall were stopped by citizens who were licensed to carry but had their weapon in a restricted area (office and hospital). Neither were charged and they prevented further carnage. Ft Hood also comes to mind where an armed soldier could have ended the tragedy almost as soon as it started.

4. johnjcb

johnjcb Refuge Member

I see some proposed changes to the Concealed Carry Law have been proposed. The rest stop one seems almost too obvious. I don't understand how that got on the list in the first place. To me the list of restricted places is just a list of where crimes are most likely to occur and where a citizen may be in a life or death situation. Rest Stops, Public transit, parks and forest preserves, places with no guns signs, etc.