Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Proposed Migratory Bird Seasons for 2017-18

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by Ungavawatcher, Feb 17, 2017.

1. carolina girl

carolina girl Elite Refuge Member

Osprey,
    Your an idiot!

2. Mayor of Seneca

Mayor of Seneca Elite Refuge Member

After reading your comments; a few years back attending the Chesapeake College meetings quite a few comments regarding the early duck season. Some wanted the season earlier, some wanted the season last week of October after the muzzle loader season and some rather shorten the full October week and spread the days either second or third split. We discussed this during the MGBC meeting, DNR WH mailed a large samplings questionnaire out State wide to waterfowl hunters seeking preference for the early season. I was surprised, the majority of duck hunters choose the current season dates and days over other alternatives. Just an FYI, DNR reads those comments off the DNR web, since the poster E-mail is provided some to receive replies. The Public Comments sometimes are all over the "Map"; they are posted for all to read after submission, every thing from why can't we hunt on Sunday to why can't duck season extend into February like AP season and lastly "agree with proposals". The DNR web base and Chesapeake Meeting have been the mechanism for waterfowl community to receive proposals and power point to support data. Public Comments that really do have "merit" like the one I discussed above, the MGBC does discuss these topics. I think their is room for improvement so you all don't feel your comments fall on deaf ears.

Allan, you know I've been doing this for such a long time and I am old and tired and one reason why is DNR WH and those of us that have chose to sit on MGBC do care and devote ourselves to making it better. WAC and MGBC are on the DNR WH web site; if you have an a comment or something else you like to bring forward please do.

3. Mayor of Seneca

Mayor of Seneca Elite Refuge Member

[QUOTE="Osprey, Shame there isn't a rep from state level DU, Delta and MWA making an appearance too. [/QUOTE]

Dave,

MWA is Maryland Watermens Association; You've been a member of this Forum since 2004 and didn't know Maryland Waterfowlers Association is MDWFA. I don't disagree we should have had a Staffer attend the meeting. Sorry I dropped the ball, Archery Rob and I've been so busy switching MDWFA to a Donation organization from a membership organization so we can still continue serving Maryland Waterfowling.

That's OK calling us out why we didn't attend but I do have a question for you; MDWFA has had many accomplishments over the years that certainly you enjoy waterfowl hunting and even look in MDWFA's direction to support your comments @ Chesapeake. Please correct me if I'm wrong but why haven't you ever contributed a dime to support MDWFA?

4. carolina girl

.....cause he's an idiot!

5. Scotty

Scotty Elite Refuge Member

Irony at it's finest...

straitmeat72, mdmallard and derek like this.
  6. carolina girl

Its Ironic, Ospreys an idiot and Derek likes it?

7. carolina girl

On record.......I have no desire what so ever to shoot a swan.

Others may, and I don't begrudge them, but I do not.

Scotty likes this.
  8. Scotty

No- it's ironic you are calling someone an idiot and you don't know the difference between your and you're..

mdmallard likes this.
  9. carolina girl

very kind of you for correcting my grammar, scotty. thanks

10. Scotty

Heck I don't care. It is just funny that's all.