Proposed waterfowl guide rules

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Flyway Forum' started by malford, Apr 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOYE

TOYE Elite Refuge Member

"Average Joe" is a referring to you since you couldn't comprehend that we were given a heads up before you and the general public.

The "guide zones" were not "guide only" zones. I knew you should've had someone draw you pictures explaining it better. Wait! There were pictures! lol

3% is a fair "tax" since what we were paying in the past was too little.

Don't worry, I'll get plenty of fun hunts in this fall while your at work.

Bottom line here is after several years of creating this 50+ page draft not including the staff requirements of the public meetings which seemed to have at least 9 USFW workers, and the time to read, respond and change the old draft, a lot of tax payers money was wasted when all that was really changed was 1) guides not being able to hunt and 2) 3% user tax. What a waste!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  2. Alldrakes

Alldrakes Elite Refuge Member

Again Tony reading comprehension. Not once did I say they were guide only area's, rather I stated if the kept that way the freelancers would populate those heavily meaning guides would have less and less places to hunt and that in turn causing safety issues. Re-read it I put it in pretty simple terms for you. Put your emotions away, its much easier to read/comprehend and much easier to put together a thought process that makes sense.

The group of "Average Joes" got what they wanted, the guns out of the guides hands and stripped them of their ability to hunt/shoot ducks while making $$.

All in all they won..............Guides lost !!

3. TOYE

TOYE Elite Refuge Member

Should've stuck with "guide only" zones since that made more sense and that is paying you a huge compliment!

So getting the gun out of my hands is what everyone wanted? BS. Several things you should consider 1) the increase fees may actually increase guiding activity to cover those extra costs especially since now there is a minimum requirement. 2) Guides that need to shoot just may just say to hell with the river and guide off the river on your favorite duck hole. and 3) At what cost to the tax payers was this whole ordeal?

Either way, I'm happy with the outcome and all the changes that were made from the original draft. Sounds like your happy too. Just imagine if you would've gotten in the fight when it actually ment something. Hell, maybe they would've changed it to no guiding at all on the Miss. lol

4. duck central

duck central Senior Refuge Member

Again Toye look how you speak to people and you wonder why your not liked very much. You are the king all hail the king...

5. TOYE

TOYE Elite Refuge Member

One thing I have is a good memory. The crap that has been posted by AD, GK and of course you in the past will not be forgotten. Please, don't be bragging about your wonderful personality. lol

6. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

Well that will keep me up at night.:l UK

7. Alldrakes

Alldrakes Elite Refuge Member

Its a start and the biggest thing lobby'd for........

As for the 2nd part, you not real fast on the uptake are ya.

8. TOYE

TOYE Elite Refuge Member

Biggest thing lobbied for? Really? I must have missed that in the proposal and at the meetings. And since you just read the proposal last week, a month after the comment period ended I highly doubt your BS after the fact had much effect. The main problems I had with the proposal all were changed in our favor including allowing us to dispatch cripples and the big ones of limiting pool 9 to only 3 guides and guide zones.

Funny how just yesterday when I said major changes were made I was full of crap.

9. G.B. Jack

G.B. Jack Elite Refuge Member

So , they managed to take the gun out of guides hands, which I think is a good thing.
    I DO like the no holding of spots by other people

What else were changes all drakes? Or GK1?

Seems like the guides won to me on this one

10. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

I agree Jack- I think the guides did win out on this one.

That's the reason I said I liked the first proposal better.

Taking the guides ability to shoot his own limit and only letting a guide run one group of four without having multiple assistant guides running other groups were the only thing good things to come out of it in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.