pto driven water pump

Discussion in 'Habitat Forum' started by ty smith, Aug 25, 2017.

1. ty smith

ty smith New Member

have a good well with submersible pump that puts out plenty of water, but am interested in getting a pto powered pump so that when a creek gets up and running I could fill up impoundments faster and cheaper. Who would yall say makes the best if I was to buy new? And where do any used ones come up for sale? can't seem to find any used. and only found one company other that gator. Any ideas? thanks

2. STL11

STL11 New Member

I have recently been looking myself for one of these. I currently have a 3" trash pump i use and it does ok on my small 2 acre hole. So far in eastern nc i have not had any luck finding any used or new around either. I have found this place but haven't called for a price yet. How big is your well and pump you use?

http://www.houseindustriesinc.com/camelbackcamelback-iii-pump-3

3. JFG

JFG Elite Refuge Member

Used PTO pumps are very hard to find. And if you do find one, it's typically gonna be of a large diameter/volumn output due to the fact they're designed to move lots of water quickly. Cost on new ones will make you gasp. I would think no different for used ones. You'll just have to determine for yourself if your pocket book justifies the means.

For used, I'd suggest looking in your areas on-line farm related classified forums. Also look for national farm equipment clearance houses sites. Farm auction companies are also another good source as are web sites like tractorbynet and tractor house.

Here's a couple that would be worth looking into for NC:

NC Ag.org (farm classified sections)
    Country Boys Auction.com

For new, these guys make great pumps. Located near Belhaven. http://www.pungomachine.com

This should keep you busy.

4. Porter Bayou

Porter Bayou Senior Refuge Member

5. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

Ck out Richie Bros Auction

6. Waterdog Trainer

Waterdog Trainer Senior Refuge Member

7. Marlboroman

Marlboroman New Member

As JFG says, Pungo's are a great pump especially if you have a lot of trash in the system. Screw type and will manage through it great. but you also need to consider how much head pressure you will have. High volume, low head pressure types will cause a loss of capacity at discharge.

8. DagoDucks

DagoDucks Senior Refuge Member

Saw this one on Hwy 94 in St Charles MO last October.
    We purchased our 12" PTO pump from Mordt Tractor in Troy MO about 10 years ago for around $5500. It was made by Musterman Fab. IMG_7672.PNG IMG_6012.JPG IMG_6013.JPG