Public hunting lands listings, not complaints

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by standupryder, Oct 7, 2003.

1. DuckHead84

DuckHead84 Guest

hey, your from kersey... just for a sight go on a topo map and go check out lolhoff lake... i scouted that a lil while ago and all i have to say is, "holy sh!t!" there was quite a crowd of waterfowl on there... problem is, like all private land, its leased and the people that own the lease don't hunt it and won't let anyone cuz they don't want anyone hunting it... and prewitt reservoir... well its a good idea if there was any water in it. as far as my knowledge of it, the part that does have water in it is closed off. when me and a buddy scouted it like a month ago or so, there were hundreds of birds on there, possibly a thousand... thats no joke. thats all i can really say... i am new to colorado too. hunted down south near alimosa for the opening weeker and this weekend... havnt been huntin much, waitin till it gets a lil cooler out. good luck and maybe i'll see ya around cuz i plan on huntin the platte pretty hard, thats where it sounds most of the birds are.

2. workhorse

workhorse Senior Refuge Member

The SWAs around Greeley are all very good, and honestly the hunting is better on the weekends when there is a little pressure. I Hunted public land out there Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Saturday and Sunday were awesome! Monday was okay, but I was the only guy out there, and with the warm weather, the birds weren't moving, since noone was jumping them.

3. Goose Hunter Jr.

Goose Hunter Jr. Elite Refuge Member

Anyone been to the one east of greeley by the airport?? I was thinking about giving it a try in the monring???

4. Duckley

Duckley New Member

Goose Hunter Jr.

I believe that would be Mitani-Tokuyasu. I was there Friday after hunting Brower. It didn't appear to me to be of much value. Too open, Deep and swift water. Myself and a friend, we both looked at it and decided not to waste out time. we were looking for SWA's for maybe a next trip.
    I hope this helps,:)
    Duckley

5. donutshell

donutshell Refuge Member

The swa weast of greeley can be good if you set up by the big log jam across the old fork of the poudre. or you can set up @ the rivers conjuntion.:D

6. Renegade

Renegade Senior Refuge Member

Stopped by there tonight after hunting elsewhere. There was one couple that said some kids were doing what they could to blow it for everyone else..... :rolleyes:

7. DuckHead84

DuckHead84 Guest

tried brower and mitani... no dice on any of em. mitani looked much more promising then brower however. saw some birds... almost shot 2 snipe early in the mornin :l dunno what i was thinkin but they had my heart pumpin... been tryin to hit up every swa i can... only place you can hunt in colorado... try to keep yall posted... g/l