googletag.cmd.push(function() {googletag.defineSlot('/22715214/refuge_ros_atf_728x90', [728, 90], 'div-gpt-ad-1434482053797-0').addService(googletag.pubads()); googletag.pubads().enableSingleRequest(); googletag.enableServices(); });

North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Sponsors

Public Land Etiquette

Discussion in 'North / South Carolina Flyway Forum' started by CoachP, Jan 22, 2018.

1. JFG

JFG Elite Refuge Member

Uhh.... they must know you? :scratch

ducknwork likes this.
  2. Clark

Clark Elite Refuge Member

I don't' think they know me - after all I'm wearing a facemask...

3. JFG

JFG Elite Refuge Member

:amen :tu

4. Norfbay

Norfbay Elite Refuge Member

So here's my problem.....it's late season and the few good ducks around are very spooky. What are my options when #&^#&#**#**#(# shoot at mergansers every 5 minutes because they can identify something as simple as a fishduck on the wing? Do I:

1. Continue to make fun of every hunter at the PAWMA under the age of 35?
    2. Go back to the ramp and take a gigantic @$%^ in the bed of every truck I don't know the owner of.
    3. Watch for ducks to be drawing to them and shoot when the ducks get to 75 yards like they seem to do for me everytime.
    4. Ride around their spread with a spotlight yelling. "Hey Brother, where's P7...thanks Brother!"
    5. Ride over and use WWII enemy plane identification flash cards to help them identify a merganser.
    6. Just continue to #^$*#(((@@&@ hate every SOB that has no business duck hunting within 5 miles of me.

Any opinion? Inquisitive minds want to know.

5. PrairieDream'n

PrairieDream'n Senior Refuge Member

Welcome to duck hunting for the last 15 years; the uprising of the Duck Commander generation, flat brim hats, and Drake waterfowl apparel as casual wear.
    Glad you could join us in the fun.

6. Steelshot Scott

Steelshot Scott Senior Refuge Member

I feel pretty good that there are some people who understand the rules. Not the game laws, but the unwritten rules of common courtesy.

About 2 years ago I got out to my spot late and found someone already on it. I rode around and found every point in the area was tied up. I didn't want to leave the creek I was in, it was close to 20 mph winds out in the open water. I pulled up to a group of hunters to ask if they would mind if I set up a little close to them. I don't like to set up within 150 yards of anyone else, but I thought I would ask. If they said no, I would have had to leave and go home. They instead invited me to hunt with them. They were Marines, as a Jarhead myself, we hit it off. They were hunting a stake blind near the shore, I invited them into my boat to hunt out of my boat blind.

We had a good day, I had a limit of bluebills(the duck I was targeting that day)in less than 10 minutes and spent the rest of the morning watching them hunt and giving pointers. Only one of them was an experienced duck hunter, the other 4 were newbies.

Had a lot of fun.

7. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

7. All of the above.

8. NCWaterfowler

NCWaterfowler Elite Refuge Member

What is everyone's take on private land respect? If the impoundment is close to the water's edge, how close to this private impoundment is considered ok to set up in my boat blind?

9. Norfbay

Norfbay Elite Refuge Member

HAHAHAHAA.....10 feet.

10. EastBound&Down

EastBound&Down Senior Refuge Member

You too generous and getting soft in your old age. 6 inches is plenty