Alabama Flyway Forum Sponsors

Public or Private?

Discussion in 'Alabama Flyway Forum' started by 3.5 XTREMA, Oct 28, 2011.

1. 3.5 XTREMA

3.5 XTREMA Senior Refuge Member

Figured I would attempt to stir some discussion since it's been so dead.

What will you hunt predominantly this year??

Public/Private
    In state/out of state
    Or
    A little of it all??

My season goals are to make 2-3 trips to duck club with the Ole man in AR. The rest of the time will likely be in Central MS public or AL public if the gas funds are tight.

2. Bender

Bender Elite Refuge Member

I recently moved to FL, and had hunted all over the Midwest for Honkers, and Mallards.

I really hope this Year I can make a drive up into AL, or MS to Hunt. Public...

For me it would be a treat to shoot Gadwall, Greenwings, or Widgeon in full plumage since it's dang near impossible to get good ones far north. I'm hoping some of my Decoy Carving can come into play, by bribing Locals to entertain a Hard-Working Duck Hunter for a day. :cool: Hollow Carved Decoys for a Hunt, and some local wisdom seems like a fair offer.:D

3. 3.5 XTREMA

3.5 XTREMA Senior Refuge Member

Personally, that sounds like a pretty good proposition and if you've got your sights on a gadwall AL/MS can definitely feel that urge!:yes

However, I'm not very fond of dudes with hair like the one in your avatar.

4. T Lee

T Lee Senior Refuge Member

all public for me

5. kontekontos

kontekontos Elite Refuge Member

Hopeing to make it to ark or miss at least every other week-end this year........If things work out right i might just move out to mississippi for the month of january........I am sure i will do a few days on the local lake here in alabama.....

konte

6. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Duck- all public

Deer- all private

To the dude who wants a fully plumed gadwall- look no further than Alabama. The gadwall is our state duck. In fact, I hear Lake Guntersville is the #1 destination nationwide for duck hunters seeking a trophy gadwall. :yes

7. oldhickoryhunter5

oldhickoryhunter5 Senior Refuge Member

Went to fish Guntersville in the winter during duck season me and my buddy also planned to hunt when we were there. We were near Goose pond and limited out on cans real quick and could have killed 100 gadwalls.

8. Plainsman04

Plainsman04 Senior Refuge Member

Could potentially hunt AL, GA, TN, MS, AR, and LA...likely will end up with AL, TN, MS, GA, and maybe AR. Mix of public and private. Only 2 that I know are a given are AL & TN. The rest will depend on birds, fundage, and how much the wife can tolerate being a duck hunting widow.