Pump Size

Discussion in 'Habitat Forum' started by gilzowg, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Misty Marsh

Misty Marsh Elite Refuge Member

I think that if you have the water suppy to pump out of you should find someone who has an old fire truck. They generally pump about 1750 GPM and can use 4" hose, it would likely not take very long?

2. cam

cam Elite Refuge Member

bad idea its not a trash pump

3. gilzowg

gilzowg Elite Refuge Member

All that brown stuff in the top picture is milo and the other end has millet on the left side of the point but it is now covered by water.

I do have a ton of smartweed that grows naturally in all of the low spots...but it loses its seed early, the millet seems to work the best (between milo and millet). Next year, I am going to just plant millet in the pond and surround with milo, corn or some other tall grain for cover.

While I don't think the milo has worked well for brining in the ducks, it did work on the deer. I shot this deer about 50 yards from the pond in October...before it had any water in it. I think they were bedding down in the milo. We also trapped 10 hog this summer. I know I have a lot to learn, but this project has kept me interested all year.

[​IMG]

4. acm2117

acm2117 Elite Refuge Member

are the trees back and to the left where my buddy and I shot the hogs?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. gilzowg

gilzowg Elite Refuge Member

Yes...that's it...that is what it looks like with water in it.

Oh...by the way, I found some bones that looked like about a 100# hog about 100 yards from where you guys were. I'll bet, you hit another one and it made it to the woods.