Pup issues

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by thatguy2, Jul 10, 2017.

1. thatguy2

thatguy2 Senior Refuge Member

His exact words were for a lot of time and money I can fix this. His then said if it were his dog he would call it a wash.

2. thatguy2

Not even home 5 minutes

Attached Files:

3. KwickLabs

KwickLabs Elite Refuge Member

Now that just proves a point.......sometimes you don't know how good things were until you
    find out how "not so good" it could be. :yes

Feed the beast.....fun! :tu

4. thatguy2

I will say she won't touch a Dokken and that was the last thing I was working on gun training with. Tennis balls, softballs, and bumpers she is all over.

5. JBdogboy

JBdogboy New Member

My two boys 10 years and 1.5 years are like this. They don't like the dokken or the avery but bumpers ,toys balls all over them birds in water on land only when hunting. So just keep going and have fun and hunt a life time making great memories.

6. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

Give it time, and build her confidence. If she shows progress take her to(a different) trainer for FF training.

WHUP ! Hen likes this.
  7. thatguy2

Been working daily. She is still timid in the water. Short marks she is fine. Longer and she wants the big dog to go with her. She is crazy about tennis balls.

Attached Files:

8. DCDH13

DCDH13 Refuge Member

Take her to the water with other dogs and throw nothing but fun bumpers. To much pressure to young.. fun fun fun no reason to hold her back

9. Timber Hole

Timber Hole Senior Refuge Member

1 1/2 years ago my first post was asking whether a lab could be a good pet and also a good hunting partner. The answer was yes. I have found that was a very accurate answer. That said, I did have to remove the tennis balls from her. They seemed to promote chewing which is a violation of our hold standard. I still fight it to this day. I'd be careful with too much use of those tennis balls. At least that was my experience.

Doc E likes this.
  10. thatguy2

Reintroduced some gun fire. Let the wife throw the chuckit with me out in the pasture 100 yards away. Wife said the dog only acknowledged the noise for a split second then went on. Had no issues tonight.