puppy jumps on everyone

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by bruce, Dec 24, 2017.

1. BENSSS

BENSSS New Member

hate to say this once they are allowed to start and get away with it--it is habit and hard to break and some just get so excited almost impossible. but a stranger (trainer) can do the impossible-- don't watch. e-collar but be careful of over using. use with no command--any time you say no--it is to be obeyed. dogs like to play stupid but some just do not understand what you want them to do or not do--the right moment with a knee--its the just the right moment not the knee (just like raising kids-sometimes you are lucky)

2. KwickLabs

KwickLabs Elite Refuge Member

I have idea where to start with this. :scratch

However, the best answer on this topic was just one word. :tu

3. MJ

MJ Administrator Moderator Flyway Manager

An old timer suggested that I use a choke chain. Walk in with the choke chain hidden in your hand and when the pup jumps up drop the chain on his head. Don't throw it, simply drop it. Have others walk in the room hiding the choke chain and have them do the same if the pup jumps up on them. Have someone go outside, ring the door bell, walk in and drop the chain on the pups head if he jumps on them.

That cured the jumper that I had pretty fast. The reason, so I was told, is it's something about the noise of the chain. Worked for me, maybe it will work for you.