Question about Chevy 4X4 system

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by Tuleman, Aug 27, 2013.

1. sho_freak11

sho_freak11 Elite Refuge Member

That Buick sounds like it would get me in a lot of trouble.....its all in good fun! I find a lot of car guys take it too seriously! Good seein one that's like me and takes it all with a grain of salt! :tu

2. BaRtMaN

BaRtMaN Moderator Sponsor Moderator

To old and had to many fast cars and know all brands have had their own really fast ones to get upset about what brand it was...lol!

I forgot that I had a 69 Cuda with a 440magnum in it with fender well headers and auto and small torque converter and that thing....WHEW! had the 6-pack hood and weighed nearly nothing. When it would kook up it would pull both front tires off the ground about the height of a pack of cigs the tall way. That thing......I am surprised I didn;t kill myself or anyone else at 16-17 yrs old...lol! A new set of 50's on the back and a rebuilt or junkyard tranny about once a month was a must....lol!

My dad HATED that car....he was happy to see it go and now that I look back, I was too...lol! I will try to post some pics, I need to scan them though. I did used to race Karts with a yamaha 100cc engine that did over 100mph and then moved up to a street stock stock car and then limited late model and quit doing that in 96 when my son was a year old. It was just more fun hanging out with him.

[​IMG]

This looks like my Cuda, but mine was red with a black stripe on each side that said 440 at the back cut out of the black, so it was red.

[​IMG]

This was my sons first car, it came from Florida and had 60K on it 1993 (last year of the Fox body)

[​IMG]

Now it looks like this, it did save our lives!

[​IMG]

3. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

As a current Corvette owner, I can tell you that your C3 was never beaten by a Mustang only because you never came up against a really fast Mustang.

There are a ton of new Mustangs available right now off the showroom floor that will make your Vette (and mine) look like it dropped a cylinder.

Sorry, but that's just fact.