Question about James Alex Fields/Charlottesville

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Fsbirdhouse, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Fsbirdhouse

Fsbirdhouse Senior Refuge Member

Whatever the court decides about the car event in Charlottesville, I don't think they will be able to get conviction of First degree Murder.

This may not be popular, and I'm not making a call about the mans' conscience of lack thereof, but one photo immediately (An instant) before striking the crowd shows that;
    One) His brake lights were on as tho he were trying to stop before hitting anyone.
    Two) His front window was partially smashed already, as can be plainly seen thru the back window, and that blow to his car may have panicked or distracted him, and prevented him from being aware of crowd in front of him.

Now if I were his Lawyer, that is the case I would make in his defense, and regardless of what he did, or actually intended to do, I wonder if Prosecutor can make the case for "Beyond a Shadow of a Doubt"?

Here is car with brake lights on just before hitting crowd. Damage to right side of front window is visible and already existing.
    This will raise some doubts about a man intent on ramming a crowd at full speed for greatest effect. Distracted after attack on him? The law is quite capricious, but this photo tells a story you can hang on the head of a pin. Just might save him, but politics will rule the day in the end.
    the car.jpg

2. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

I'm not seeing any break lights on in this photo and he looks to be further down the street near that stop sign/intersection:

ct-white-nationalist-rally-in-virginia-2017081-027.jpg

Compare the location of the guy in the middle in the orange shirt.

The back of the bed of the Toyota Tundra in your pic can be made out further down the street left of the guy in the denim vest.

=2017081-014.jpg

Maybe your pic shows him revving up the engine... I'm sure that their is plenty of video footage that will break it down split second by split second for a jury to view.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

While I'm not completely familiar with Dodge vehicles, does that red light in the rear window not come on when the brakes are applied? Those could be his TAIL LIGHTS, and not his brake lights (or the windshield one may be blown).

tomturkey likes this.
  4. Fsbirdhouse

5. pintail2222

Look how long that street is prior to moment of impact. IMHO the guy is guilty and should be charged w/ 1st degree murder. And if found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt - a sentence of capital punishment.

6. Fsbirdhouse

Who can determine the mind of a crazy person and their motives?

But I am just saying what you may expect a lawyer to latch onto in defense of his client, and these videos shows no tail lights as he approaches, then brake lights just before impact.
    Shows his car was under attack previous to impact with people.

You can expect Prosecutor to point out questions about why he was there (That street) to begin with. Going to be an interesting trial.
    But I'm thinking 'Manslaughter', not 1st Degree.

7. pintail2222

Did he have malice? Did he have the desire to inflict injury, harm, or suffering on another, either because of a hostile impulse or out of deep-seated meanness?

I say yes - he intended to hurt those protesters.

"The essential distinction between murder and manslaughter is that malice aforethought must be present for murder, whereas it must be absent for manslaughter."

8. Fsbirdhouse

I think the brake lights could have an affect on 'Malice' extending to moment of impact.
    On the other hand, those brake lights might not matter two figs in the end.

Like I said, going to be an interesting trial, but I'm sure those lights will be topic of conversation on MSM!

9. Fsbirdhouse

Oh, Now I'm hearing he is charged with 2nd Degree murder/Manslaughter.

pintail2222 likes this.
  10. pintail2222

The break lights are on way before moment of impact.

To get bodies to fly over the hood and land behind the vehicle - knocking shoes off of his victims - as we see in the second photo - the car had to have been accelerating - not breaking - otherwise there'd be skid marks had it been breaking.