Question: Best Camo Grass Mats/Fast Grass on the Market Today

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Mallard Krazy, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Mallard Krazy

Mallard Krazy Senior Refuge Member

With multiple different companies making camo grass mats today, what have you all found to be the best? I am currently in the market to buy a bunch of mats soon and wanted to ask you all before I pulled the trigger. Thanks for your insight!

2. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

I think avery has the best Fast grass. I've tried Cabelas, and other brands, but the color is not consistent. Sometime it is green, sometimes its almost white.

3. newduk

newduk Elite Refuge Member

I have used Avery in past years, no complaints.

4. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

Fast grass is still the best Fast grass. Knutsons carries it yet as I'm sure others do. Depending on where you hunt it actually blends better as it ages.

Powder likes this.
  5. Mallard Krazy

Mallard Krazy Senior Refuge Member

6. IowaWaterfowler10

IowaWaterfowler10 New Member

I bought 2 packs of the Rogers grass a few weeks ago. Our group used them last year and they held up well.

7. CamoHunter870

CamoHunter870 Elite Refuge Member

I've had FastGrass and Cabelas brand on my boats. The cabela's brand has bigger size woven pieces and has not held up well. Fastgrass has held up well.

I did just receive some off ebay that is tiki hut grass sheets and it has the smaller woven pieces like FastGrass so will see how it holds up.

I was going to order FastGrass from Knutsen's until I saw the shipping charge!

duckbuster5901 likes this.
  8. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

For the area I use it, Avery's Real Grass is the best I've found for my application. It matches the alkali bulrush and broadleaf cattail that I hunt in better than anything else I've tried and it is fairly durable. It also hold a light misting of paint well when I need to match the color of my surrounding vegetation precisely.

9. duckbuster2

duckbuster2 Refuge Member

Nothing comes close to the original Fast Grass from Knutsons.

10. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

They Avery real grass is good as long as you don't get it wet and only hunt dry weather. It gets heavy enough that I have seen it collapse a blind frame and once it is wet it's near impossible to dry because of the tighter weave and wet palm fibers rot very quickly.

Fastgrass is much better. It's a bit thin but being that thin makes it light weight and easy to carry and easier to dry.

Neither is perfect so pick your poison.