Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Question for Beavertail flip top owners

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Scaupstopper, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Scaupstopper

Scaupstopper Senior Refuge Member

How do you get in and out of the boat? Do you have to take the blind down to do so???

Anyone in Ohio, Michigan, or Western PA have one I could look at?

2. FOWLER267

FOWLER267 Guest

You can usually lift up one side or the other.

3. Moose

Moose Elite Refuge Member

and just north of Detroit.

4. High5

High5 Senior Refuge Member

i just slide out over the side on mine. no need to fold it down.

5. Scaupstopper

Ok, so it is not tied down at the sides, but just resting on the gunnels?

6. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Yes.

You can ease out one side if you want to get out and your buddy wants to maintain cover. But it takes literally three seconds to either retract or set up the blind, so doing that to get out is not the biggest deal in the world.

7. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

You can fold it up and down in about 10 seconds. I am going to get some killer grass on clips to clip on the exposed side, and some camo netting to run overtop , on clips also. I figure 1 minute to set up from completely down to completely set up. Well desidned except it doesn't allow me access to the small gun box when bolted down. Not a biggie.

8. Scaupstopper

Thanks. Doesn't sound any more inconvenient than say undoing some buckles on a blind to open a door.

Another question for anyone using the dog door accessory, is it easy to install or will I want to take it to a canvas shop to have sewn in?

9. FOWLER267

FOWLER267 Guest

You can take a razor blade and make one "L" shaped cut to make a dog door. Put some soft adhesive at the ends of ther cuts to keep it from tearing.

10. Dbishop311

Dbishop311 Senior Refuge Member

I bought a "Speedy Sticker" sewing awl and sewed my dog door in on my Beavertail. Turned out great and I saved a few bucks. If you have the time stitch it up. I will never buy an Avery or make my own blind again after using the Beavertail. I had to do some modifying to it. I mounted mine on a Lund Alaskan V Hull but it turned out awesome. Like others have said it takes literally 3 seconds or less to flip it up or down. A lot of times I hunt alone and this makes it nice when you have to chase a cripple or what not. Highly recommend a Beavertail.