Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Question for Beavertail flip top owners

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Scaupstopper, Jun 15, 2013.

1. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

supports are tighened in against the gunwales at front and back. Very secure. I'll take some pics for you and post them. Give me 24 hours or so.

2. 3.5 mag

3.5 mag Senior Refuge Member

I have been using this blind for over 12 years best blind i have used. If i have to chase a cripple you just flip it open. I have used three other brands and the beavertail shines.

3. Dbishop311

Dbishop311 Senior Refuge Member

The blind itself holds it in the up right position. Hard to explain but the frame runs through pockets lengthwise of the cordura. When in the upright position it gets taught holding it up. The two outer frame pieces rest on the gunwale. The best part was I didnt have to drill one hole in the boat to mount it.

4. DRC

DRC Elite Refuge Member

So the tightness of the cordura holds the blind up? I think I get what your saying. I thought there might be some kind of pin where the conduit all meets that you set once erect but after looking some more I think I get it now.

5. Dbishop311

Dbishop311 Senior Refuge Member

Yea its hard to explain but theres no pins, braces, or straps holding it up right. Maybe someone else could explain it better than me. I installed it by my self in about an hour. Very sime design but the best there is if your looking for a soft sided blind. Ive got a quick set on my other boat and its amazing how much easier and faster the Beavertail is.

6. DRC

DRC Elite Refuge Member

Looks like the stern side fabric is cut and sewn in a way that it holds the shape.

7. Ilbucksndux

Ilbucksndux Elite Refuge Member

I sewed extra loops on it and added a few bundles of "fast grass" and it all still folds up nice and compact. The only down side is the "crossmembers" are in the way both in the front and back of my boat,but have a friend with a 18" Express and his are not in the way at all

8. High5

High5 Senior Refuge Member

if you search my name you will find the frame i made to use with a beavertail blind cover. my frame did away with the cross rails and use pedistal seat mounts in the decks. i like this MUCH better than the beavertail frame i had on the boat before this one. not sure if it'll work on yours but it might give you some ideas.

9. IDECOYM

IDECOYM Senior Refuge Member

Hey all,

What does everyone use to keep the blind from flipping over. Like if some leans back or forward? I've been using straps around the main support bar and the bot tow piece of conduit. Just looking for maybe a better option.