Question for the No bake the cake crowd, is this okay?

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Lip Shooter, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

http://www.adflegal.org/country-mil...m_campaign=830-29545-fy18-digital-acquisition

Just wondering if this is justified and do you think they should be kept out?

I have to say I really have no clear direction on this cake baking delemia. One is a business should be able to do what they want to do. I have, I have looked right at people I thought were going to be that d-bag customer and said I do not want to do business with you. And the other thought I have is our government is set up to protect minority classes. So I am stuck in the yo-you middle ground and do not have a solid this is the way it should be on this topic.

The first case was muslims at the minnicrapolis airport not wanting to transport people in their taxi cabs if the customer had alcohol with them. The airport commission and public in general squashed them and their beliefs can came up with a you can't work here if you are going to turn down rides. And the funny part came once our majority christians did not want to bake a cake for a gay couple. Now it is the people saying a business can do what they want to do. LOL when the tables are turned.

So I thought this was a interesting read now.

2. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

Can you post a link to the cab driver story?

I think the difference in the cake and cab stories is the cake maker didn’t refuse all service, just making a pro gay marriage cake specifically with their own hands. I think in one case they offered to sell any premade cake and give them icing to design it themselves. Hardly brutal hatred.

Like the cab driver wouldn’t be required to go to the liquor store and purchase liquor for the cab fare.

I would really enjoy knowing who and what you really are but I know you’d never risk your agenda to lay it all out there and lose any chance of maybe having an ounce of credibility with some unsuspecting character.

3. Lip Shooter

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/0...using-service-to-passengers-with-alcohol.html

"Our expectation is that if you're going to be driving a taxi at the airport, you need to provide service to anybody who wants it," said Patrick Hogan, spokesman for the Metropolitan Airport Commission.

Each month, about 100 people are denied cab service at the airport. Refusals for religious reasons have grown in recent months, airport officials said. About three-quarters of the 900 taxi drivers at the airport are Somali, many of them Muslim.

The belief that carrying alcohol or dogs, including those that help people with disabilities, violates religious beliefs is "unfortunate," Airports Commissioner Bert McKasy said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/04/AR2007010400787_pf.html

Maybe I am viewing from to high of an elevation. To me both have religious beliefs they do not agree with and do not want to support the behavior.

I am always stuck on this one when it come to a business saying hey I don't believe in selling Indians alcohol, I don't wanna serve a person of color, I you want to eat in my restaurant you have to sit in a back room. And people could do all this under the val of it is my religious beliefs.

Think of those whack jobs that allow their kids to dye by not bringing them to the doctor, their religious beliefs are really infringed? Why are they?

You are correct, I actually fear what some people are capable of doing on this site. I need no harm done to me :)

I have hunted with over 15 people from this site over time :)

4. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

That happened back in 2007. Do you remember the outcome? I do.

5. newduk

newduk Elite Refuge Member

I own my own business. Over the years I have had customers of various religions, nationalities, and sexual preferences. I think that I should be able to choose if I want your patronage or not. My feeling is that it is my business, my risk, and my liability if something goes wrong. I don't want or need anyone else especially the govt. telling me how to run it. jmho

6. Lip Shooter

So you think it should be 100% legal to turn away a all black people from your business if you so choose?

7. newduk

newduk Elite Refuge Member

I make no distinction between skin color, religion, sexual preference, gender identity or any of the other hot button topics. My customers have pretty much run the gamut. If I work for you, and you have an attitude, are slow to pay, or any other behavior that I take issue with, it is my prerogative to not offer my services to you in the future. Nothing more, nothing less.

8. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator Flyway Manager

It’s a two way street here. My own policy business policy included how the customer met my expectations. For example bounced checks and non payment were big no no’s that effected my willingness for future dealings. There is no requirement for the business owner to be a chump.

newduk likes this.
  9. Lip Shooter

My question is should a business owner be able to hang a sign up saying "no blacks will be served"?

10. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator Flyway Manager

Legal/Constitutional issues aside... Given the prevailing environment, would there be sufficient customers to keep the enterprise afloat?