question on silos and shells

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by hunt geese, Jul 18, 2004.

1. V Board

V Board Senior Refuge Member

I have made almost identical silo's out of luan with an oak stake in Y-boards. I used lowes Seal Brown for the body and they are visable from a long distance. I also made some Brant out of foam and covered them with burlap and tile masic like they do with full body foam decoys. The burlap and mastic make them stronger and flexable without breaking.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. setter

setter Elite Refuge Member

are a big draw ,they are far more visible than shells stand way off a rig and see how the silos stand out,plus the big advantage of portabilility.Al Dager pro guide on the eastern shore crushes birds over a all homemade rig ,he is one of the best in the business ans been around almost 40 years -lol even a lil older than me

3. SP10 kills um all

SP10 kills um all Senior Refuge Member

Personally, there is only one way to go, if Im buying the decs. I would buy two dozen silos. I just started hunting over them 3 years ago, and every since, I dont even want to wast my time taking out the full bodies or the shells that have accumulated over the years. They are light weight and easy to transport. Those others are a major pain. They work just as well, if not better. As for working in and around water, I think they work fine. We shot the absolute crap out of birds with them in the water, and they never once seemed to flare the birds. THEY WORK> we used them on many occasions this past season, and man they look good. I know that when i buy another dozens it will be a dozen Realgeese like we use now.

4. Jay L

Jay L Senior Refuge Member

sold a bunch of full bodies this year and bought more silos, ghg shells are great around water, get the sleeper heads

Jay