Question?

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by SS Freak, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Docter Duck

Docter Duck Elite Refuge Member

Indeed! Some just don't get or want to understand the SIMPLE GOSPLE...Eph 2:8

2. Joel Draxler

Joel Draxler Elite Refuge Member

I knew right off this would be a great argument....I mean thread.

So which is it? Necessary or not. Some say yes some say no. Are some of you getting into heaven and others not? Are you just supposed to get Baptised to go through the motions or does it have a significance to the process of being born again?

This thread is great proof as to why we need other testaments of Jesus Christ to give a clarifying answer to such important questions as; do we need to be baptised? I would highly suggest you all get a copy of the Book Of Mormon and study about baptism with it AND the Bible together. The answer was given very clearly in the Bible but so many people dispute what the Bible is actually saying as to remove all certainty in the Bible alone. With the two books together, you can find reassurance in what God expects of all of us.

To answer the original question. Yes Baptism by one holding the authority is necessary. Why else would Christ have set the example if he didn't want us to follow it?

3. skiebuster

skiebuster Elite Refuge Member

How do you know who has the authority ?

Just in case you all dont know it, i know how.

4. Docter Duck

Have fun dont skie will set you straight for a long time...or at least try to. Are you sure you want to get into this with Him???

5. skiebuster

skiebuster Elite Refuge Member

Mark chapter 16
    16 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved: but he that believeth not shall he condemned.
    16 17 And these signs shall follow them that believe: In my name they shall cast out devils. They shall speak with new tongues.
    16 18 They shall take up serpents: and if they shall drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them. They shall lay their hand upon the sick: and they shall recover.

This shows who the church is, or supposed to be. You and I both know its not happening in 99.9% of the churches these days.

You must have the HolyGhost to even be able to do these works of Jesus Christ.

6. gooseflock

gooseflock Senior Refuge Member

i saw the qustion and i knew this all would happen...unreal....

7. SS Freak

SS Freak Senior Refuge Member

I agree the response is unreal. I have been sitting back watching, but never expected such the division on this issue regarding Christianity.

Take it easy guys, though I do appreciate the thought out and knowledgeable responses.

SS

8. Joel Draxler

Joel Draxler Elite Refuge Member

I have read enough of skiebuster's posts to realize when you are getting into a worthless discussion.

I merely stated what I believe. SS and everyone else is welcome to take it or leave it. I only share what I believe to be true and usefull to everyone else.

9. Docter Duck

My sincere apologies and a lesson is learned as others have been down this road before!

10. Docter Duck