Questions about Cibola

Discussion in 'Arizona Flyway Forum' started by STiCKY, Sep 27, 2017.

1. STiCKY

STiCKY New Member

Hi guys, new to the forums and waterfowl in general and was wondering a few things about the refuge. I tried calling them, watching videos and cruising the website and couldn't find out the following things.

I have all the licenses and stamps both state and federal but what is the cost to hunt there? How does it go is it first come first serve and how many can hunt here? Will i be turned away?

I see that the place has rules about being wrapped up and done around 3 P.M. or so, is it worth it to go out there from Phoenix?

Is it even worth trying to scout the surrounding river between refuge land, closed areas and military property? Not looking for exact spots more just hope.

Any insight at all would be appreciated greatly, thanks.

2. JDK

JDK Moderator Moderator Flyway Manager

Have not been to Cibola in years to hunt there you used to have to put in for a permit ( lottery ) then if you draw you paid $10.00 cash onsite to the manager of Cibola on hunt day and then he hands you a scoop made from a gallon of milk to bale out the water in the blind that you drew for the day not sure what the deal is there anymore but do hear there is a lot of geese but most of them use no hunting zones and private land also a few guide services that offer hunts on private land that surrounds Cibola refuge.

3. STiCKY

STiCKY New Member

Cool thanks for the info, I'm gonna try and get someone on the phone again over there. The DFG was also not as helpful as I hoped.