Georgia Flyway Forum Sponsors

Questions on Macon

Discussion in 'Georgia Flyway Forum' started by skydog, Mar 12, 2010.

1. skydog

skydog Senior Refuge Member

Hey everybody,

I am seriously thinking of coming to Macon on June 23rd to see The Allman Brothers at the Macon City Auditorium. I have never been to Macon so any tips are appreciated. I assume that flights will connect me from Atlanta?

Has anyone ever been to the above referenced arena for a concert and do you have an opinion of it? Any other feedback is appreciated.

2. killerv

killerv Senior Refuge Member

Yes, I live in Macon and I've been to many shows at the Macon City Auditorium.

The Macon City Auditorium has great acoustics and is a beautiful place to see a show. It will definitely be one of the smaller venues ABB will play. I can't tell you off hand how many people it will seat but I'd say probably a few thousand at the most. More than likely the floor will have chairs instead of standing. It's been awhile since the ABB have played at home so I'd imagine it'll be one heck of a show. While you are here, you'd definitely need to check out their museum that just opened up a few months back and check out Duane and Berry's graves. Please don't carve your name in the headstones. Have some lunch at H&H, must for an ABB fan.

http://www.thebighousemuseum.org/

http://mamalouise.com/

The easiest thing to do would be to fly into Atlanta. I think there are small jet shuttles that run from Atlanta to Macon's airport but it be easier just to rent a car up there. If traffic isn't bad, you can make it from the airport to Macon in an hour.

3. skydog

skydog Senior Refuge Member

Thanks for the feedback.

4. d_white

d_white Senior Refuge Member

There's a shuttle service that travels from ATL airport to Macon every hour or half hour and it's 20 bucks or something to use it...takes about an hour.

5. Reelcalls

Reelcalls Senior Refuge Member

Saw the post about ABB being in Macon in June, did some research and it looks like they are playing April 23 and it is sold out. Really wanted to see them again since I will be out there all of June and the last time I saw them was July 1973, and I don't remember most of it. ----Randy