Quota Hunts

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by Fyrestorm, Jun 5, 2002.

1. Fyrestorm

Fyrestorm Guest

Remember...........if you hunt deer the quota hunt applications are due on 6/11.............they are avaliable right now.

2. Floridaboy

Floridaboy Moderator Moderator

3. Floridaboy

Forgot to mention this...

Some of the WMAs allow duck hunting on them, but you need a permit to do it. Check the WMA brochure for the area you are interested in to see if you can duck hunt or not. The brochures will have a small section stating that you must comply with federal regs.

I am referring to the WMAs that are not specifically for duck hunting, but require permits.

This could be a way to get a nice hunt and have no other duck hunters around. You probably should wear the orange in and out.

4. Phil T

Phil T Senior Refuge Member

Are quota hunts different from the special opp. hunts?

5. Fyrestorm

Fyrestorm Guest

Quota hunts are all FREE...............special opps you have to pay anywhere from $50 to $175 for a hunt. All you do is get a management stamp($26.50) and you will recieve 2 stamps for 2 applications. One is Gun(regular) and the other is Archery and Muzzloader(special). They have to be in by the 11th to make the first draw. If you need any help on picks let me know Phil...........

6. Phil T

Phil T Senior Refuge Member

HELP!!!!!! I assume quota hunts are prior to general gun? Just when I thought I had FL. regs figured out this comes up. I've got my management area permit and I remember something about stamps so now it's trying to pick which quota to try and get?

Whatever happened to pulling off the road, walking a couple hundred yards and waiting patiently?

7. Fyrestorm

Fyrestorm Guest

If you have the stamps you need to get the quota applications from the tax collector or Wal-Mart. Find out what hunts you want and put them down. Get me up on the Nextel if you have no clue where you want to go. Also if you don't have a muzzleloader or a Bow I will let you know what to put so you can tranfer the tag to me if you get something.(for special):D You have a rifle so you can put in for the regular. And yes.............they are before the regular seasons.

8. Floridaboy

So does this means that you buy your management area stamp before applying?

9. Fyrestorm

Fyrestorm Guest

Yes...........they will give you two small stickers to go with both applications. They MUST have the stickers on them.

10. Floridaboy

I guess I will go tomorrow to get them.