Rage Broad Heads

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by Rambo, Sep 28, 2008.

1. birdartist

birdartist Elite Refuge Member

imo, it does appear to me that based on the angle of the arrow that it should be lodged in the opposite shoulder/bone.that is a large bone and can be difficult to penetrate.all that being said, i shot a fat doe day before yesterday with a g5 tekan and hit the deer good(behind shoulder completely broadside 32 yards) but did not get a pass through.blood trail was poor and tracked it for 100 yds +/- and lost the trail.so having been a die hard thunderhead shooter for years and always getting passing throughs, my first couple of experiences with mechanicals have not been good. i fell victim to the new bow, carbon arrows, mechanical broadhead stuff, i guess......

2. redleg06

redleg06 Elite Refuge Member

i need to shoot what she is shooting...:cool:

3. redleg06

sure as the sun comes up, there will always be a debate over fixed vs. mechanicals... we will probably have to agree to disagree here but....

Im not going to say you are wrong because I dont have any proof to the contrary but I think "rare" is a pretty relative term...

what % is rare and where did you get the facts from?

Bottomline (IMO) is that the broadheads seem to be very effective at putting deer down and making for a big blood trail and quick recovery...In my experience

4. redleg06

you are correct:tu

5. RETRO

RETRO Elite Refuge Member

Simmons LandSharks 125 grain..

6. RETRO

Watch TV all the shows are sponsored by Rage read ArcheryTalk..Deer running off with the arrow sticking out reading threads where people say i did not get a PT but I found my deer..

7. RETRO

Bow Browning Micro Eclispe at 38 lbs 200 fps..GoldTipp 3555 with 125 grain Simmons LandShark total arrow weight 325 grains..Deer at 25 yards Doe was 1/4 away the pic shows the entry hole exit on the shoulder..

[​IMG]

8. greenhead616

greenhead616 Refuge Member

Shot a 8 pointer last week with the rage 2 blade. Had a complete pass thru at about 20 yards. He went about 50 yards and piled up. 2 deer this year with the rage and they went a total of 80 yards i love em.

9. redleg06

Between the numerous t.v shows you have watched and internet threads you have read.............. there is no way to disagree with those kind of cold hard facts:z

At least your statements are backed with concrete evidence :tuit sounds like you have really done your homework before publicly putting down a product you have no personal experience with.

10. RETRO

:tu;)