Rage Broad Heads

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by Rambo, Sep 28, 2008.

1. RETRO

RETRO Elite Refuge Member

2. Liv_2_Hunt

Liv_2_Hunt Refuge Member

I think they are awesome broadheads every deer my family has shot with them had piled up in less than 60 yards with exceptional blood trails! Love'em!

3. rangerjoey

rangerjoey Senior Refuge Member

After loosing my first two archery deer with sonic heads I went and bought a pack of the two blade rages today. Both shots were well placed (10 and 30 yards) but neither was a pass through. Never found the arrows. Followed the first one for about 3/4 of a mile before losing the trail. Lost the second one after about 100 yards. Hope to have better luck with the rages.

4. justduckingaround

justduckingaround Senior Refuge Member

had some problems with the three blade. all three blade would'nt open sent arrow sideways. but done great with two blades. shot two deer one a pass thru the other did not. one went 10 yards other went 15. awesome blood trail.

5. duckduckboom

duckduckboom Senior Refuge Member

well i have shot many diffrent broad heads and have had pretty good results with most, and others i have had poor results. some with PT(pass threw) some w/out, to me it boils down to shot placement and KE(kenetic energy) these 2 things are what give you a PT! if you feel like you only get marginal penetration with any broad heads the answer isnt the b-head its your shaft weight! dont crank the lbs on your bow shoot a heavier arrow shaft(increases KE)! i had the same problem with with the rage not having PT then i sat down and thought about it... shot an arrow with ruffly 35grains more... and never had another problem! sure it might not be worth it to you but for me i need all the advantages i can get!!! 4 does 1 cull buck all PT! RAGE 3 BLADES! im no expert so take my advice for what its worth!!!

6. main'tducks

main'tducks Elite Refuge Member

I shoot the 3 blade Rages. All my shots are not pass through. Neither were all my shots with my old Thunderheads. The % of pt's with the Thunderheads was higher, but tuning my bow was harder. I love the Rages. A little heavier arrow like duckduckboom said will cure your ills.....or should help significantly.
    :bow:pra:pra To the hunting God's that you need a good broadhead in the first place then pick a hair and CUT IT! Ain't bowhunting a RUSH!!!!:amen